Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs gone after update and cannot change download location (SD)

Downloaded songs gone after update and cannot change download location (SD)

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

LG Stylo 2

Operating System

Android Marshmellow 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

A new Spotify update came out for Android and when I looked at my music after the update, all of the downloaded tracks were not downloaded anymore, and I would have to redownload them. I have a 32 GB microSD card that I was using to store about 8 GB of songs. I would simply delete that data and redownload the music to the SD card but the option to store the data on an external card is not appearing in the settings. I have already tried to perform a clean reinstall but the folder com.spotify.mobile.ui is not showing up in my file manager. The only thing I see is com.spotify.music and it will not let me delete it from the SD card.

1 Reply

Hey there @Psyched_Jazz,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Since you mention that the option to save to your SD card is not showing up in the app, we'd first recommend trying the following:

• Make sure that your Android device is up to speed with any OS pending updates.
  • Make sure your SD card has at least 1GB free space. The storage option only appears if your SD Card is available and accessible.
  • Your SD card is formatted as portable and isn't encrypted.

You can also try a different SD to see if the issue persists. If it doesn't, we'd suggest checking your current SD for errors. You can find more instructions on how to do that from your card's manufacturer.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts