Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs not playing offline

Downloaded songs not playing offline

Hi, 

so i just got premium for spotify, 2 days ago i think, so i downloaded the app on my phone and set one of my playlists to offline mode... It shows they are downloaded by the green arrow buuuuuuut when i go to play the songs offline, when im not connected to data or wifi, it just says that spotify is set to offline and doesnt play the song or even load it. I did notice it shows the bar moving on the lockscreen but its not actually playing... Please help, im on a samsung galaxy s5 active.

Also a screen shot attached 

12483022_620413948097347_1952379179_o.jpg
12415757_620413928097349_2138597535_o.jpg
11 Replies

In the Spotify settings menu, the first item that you you see at the top of the screen should be ' Offline ' .  Switch that to off (not to on, activated).

This option is confusing. You do not need it to be on to play music offline. The only benefit that I can find for this option is that (when activated) it stops Spotify connecting to wifi and auto-downloading pending downloads or streaming, thus preventing Spotify using bandwidth if you are using your device for other online activities.

But overall it is confusing. 

Once switched off, see if this resolves your problem. I don' see why this should cause this issue that you are having, butbyou don't need to be switched to ' Offline ' to play offline.

I'm having the same issue. I am a Spotify Premium user, and none of my downloaded songs play offline.

I have tried:

• Restarting my device
  • A clean reinstallation of Spotify
  • Redownloading all tracks
  • Changing download quality of tracks (and redownloading again)

Quite frustrating, any way to solve this issue?

Same issues. Non of the suggestions work. It's annoying. Moving back to iTunes

Is there a solution for this.

Thanks. That worked for me. 😆

Thanks, that solution worked!

what was the solution? It seems to no longer be posted in this thread (unless the answer is "Move back to iTunes")

See the answer by woodandrew90 above.  This worked for me too.

Thanks for your response! That isn't actually fixing my problem. I'm using Spotify through the app on my Macbook Pro. Regardless of whether or not I'm in offline mode, when I lose internet connection I lose access to my "saved" music. I'm wondering if there's a difference between saved & downloaded, and if so how do I actually download an album? 

Anyway thank you!

I discovered the issue in my case. Not sure if the same may be applicable for others.

Songs saved / downloaded whilst at my place of work are the only ones affected by the issue. I believe there may be some sort of firewall in operation that prevents a full download.

Songs saved / downloaded anywhere else work perfecty.

You issues may well be related to this, and are due to where and what network you have downloaded the songs on.

Hey @poisson7, saving music just adds it to your library. You need to download music to listen offline, following the stepsin this article. If you have any further questions concerning spotify on your Msc, please post in the Desktop (Mac) section.

Suggested posts