Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs take space of 10GB

Downloaded songs take space of 10GB

I am curious as to why this happened to me. I went to my settings on my phone, then storage - app data and under Spotify, it says that my downloaded songs take 10GB worth of space. I have deleted some playlists, ticked off the download option on all of my playlists yet it still shows me the same thing. No way it can take that much space, do you guys know any way to solve this?

I use Huawei Mate20.

1 Reply

Hey @tokurio,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for your post. You mentioned that you went to your phone's settings and saw this information regarding downloaded songs. What does it say if you open up Spotify and go to the app settings? Since you've taken steps to remove downloads, it's possible they are still showing up in the cache, in which case you should be able to simply use Spotify's built in "delete cache" option to fix that.

Also, the amount of space being taken up by downloads would be affected by your download quality setting, so if you have it set to "high" or "very high," that could explain the large amount of space being used. The cache also will build up as you listen to music due to Spotify temporarily storing information in order to save on data usage.

If none of this works for you, you might try clearing Spotify's data through your phone's settings, but just be aware that will clear everything, including downloads and your cache, and you'll need to sign back in.

Let us know if you still have any problems!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts