Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs turning to not downloaded upon restart. Broken cache.

Solved!

Downloaded songs turning to not downloaded upon restart. Broken cache.

Hi,

I have a theory that I found a bug/error because it happened to me for the 3rd time already.

So, I was using Spotify then I restart my phone (other app recommendation) without turning off Spotify. After restarting the phone, I stumble upon my downloaded albums to play again what I'm listening earlier. My downloaded albums are now tagged as not downloaded. I checked the file folders and it's deleted but it's still there. 

I think the cache for downloaded songs are broken upon shutting down the phone. Now, I need to reinstall Spotify to delete those useless files because of broken cache. 

This was just a theory of mine. But if it's the true reason behind this downloaded songs turning to not downloaded, I think they must fix this cache handling upon shutting down to avoid error. 

Well it's not a problem for me to download again this songs (8GB songs) but it's just a waste of a lot of bandwidth and time tbh. As I said this is the 3rd time I'm experiencing this issue and reinstalling Spotify is not a solution.

Specs:

Asus Zenfone Selfie (ASUS_Z00UD)

Android v.6.0.1 (Marshmallow)

Spotify v.8.4.5.1092 armV7

#SupportLocal #OPM

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If you encrypt your SD card, the card takes longer to mount and starting spotify too soon after powering your device on can result in the cache not being recognised. Check out Spotify's fix in this bug topic.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @necrofear24,

This is a pain, I believe this could be caused by the songs either not downloading correctly or if you have an SD card in your phone that has been configured to be recognized as internal storage or if you have moved Spotify onto the SD.

Let me know how you go and if you need anything else, feel free to let me know!

Best,

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

I haven't configured my SD card to be part of my internal storage. But yes, I am saving my downloaded songs to my SD card. So what is the problem of having moved the downloaded songs to SD card?

#SupportLocal #OPM

Hey @necrofear24,

As far as I can remember right now is that there is some sort of cache error that is caused when downloading music to your SD. I can't remember details but I will try and find the article and link it in my next response.

If you need anything else, let me know!

Best,

Jordan

Thanks Jordan,

I will also try to find answers/articles regarding this. 

#SupportLocal #OPM

As of the moment I just moved my downloaded songs to Internal Storage to avoid cache error. I'm still hoping that this issue will be fix soon as my internal storage is not enough to accommodate all my downloaded songs.

#SupportLocal #OPM

My Cache is also broken. I have encrypted my SD, which also may cause probelms. Songs can be downloaded and can be played offline, however I have the same problem when restarting my phone!
Any further ideas how to fix this problem?
Marked as solution

If you encrypt your SD card, the card takes longer to mount and starting spotify too soon after powering your device on can result in the cache not being recognised. Check out Spotify's fix in this bug topic.

Thanks

@Joe, @ CryticalAce

I haven't encrypted SD card. Spotify app is on internal memory, I just download songs to sd card. Every rebooting my phone cache that "songs are on SD card" is lost and Spotify starts download songs to internal memory.

Suggested posts