Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded songs

Downloaded songs

Hi, I'm using Spotify from about a month. I noticed that it occupies about 500 MB but I've not a premium account!! I can't download songs but there is a folder called "downloaded songs" which is too big! If I delete that one, what will happen? thanks for the answer
1 Reply

Hello! Welcome to the Community!

First of all I must say, I've never heard of a folder called "downloaded songs". I have an Android just like you, just doubled check and couldn't find it!

So, to answer your question, it will not affect you in anyway if you are a Free account! And if you'd be Premium, you'd only have to redownload the songs 🙂

If I were you, I'd do a cleaning.

Head to Settings (If you have a listed style settings just scroll down. If you have a Tabs style settings, then go to General and then scroll down), in there you have to find "Apps" and then look for Spotify. Depending on your Android version, you should either see the "Storage" option (if you are on Marshmallow or above) or just scroll down until you see "Clear data" and "Clear cache".

If you have the last one mentioned (the "Clear data" and "Clear cache"):

1. Clear cache.
  2. Clear data.

If you have the "Storage" option:

1. Tap it
  2. Clear cache.
  3. Clear data.

After doing this, it should no longer occupy 500mb. If it does, consider reinstalling it as well.

Please let me know if it works out for you or if you need anything else!

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts