Downloading Songs is taking forever

Country

Germany

Device

(HTC One M9)

Operating System

(Android 7.0)

My Question or Issue

I've got a new phone just today and I started to reinstall everything as well as Spotify and tried to download my playlists. Now I'm sitting here almost 6 hours later and I've got downloaded 28 Tracks! What the **bleep** is going on there. I thought that I would be able to listen to my playlists when I'm off to work at 6pm but it seems like I won't. That pisses me off! I'm paying for that and I'm sitting here forever downloading 28 Tracks!

2 Replies

Hey @Marius92.

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂 Let's see what we can do to help you out.

It sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Also, have you tried downloading your songs via both 3G/4G and WiFi? If you are using your work's WiFi connection, we suggest that you try another connection.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

We'll see what we can suggest next 🙂

Take care,

P

I've tried all the suggested possibilities but it still takes a while. Not that long as before but long enough to irritate me. I have the same phone as before and my old one could download a 300-400 Track Playlist in less than a quarter hour.
I'm running on the latest version of the App and Android 7.0

Suggested posts