Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading music to the new Samsung Galaxy Watch or Gear S3

Downloading music to the new Samsung Galaxy Watch or Gear S3

Here is the solution to be able to download music to your Samsung Galaxy Watch or Gear S3 and the Samsung Gear watches with Spotify, to enable you to be able to listen to music from your watch offline when you are away from wifi or bluetooth (out running, at gym etc)

Many people have had issues with being able to download music to their watch to enable them to have offline listening.

Here is the solution...

1. Your mobile phone will likely be connected to your watch but to do the download process on your watch you must allow your watch to standalone for this process so I suggest you put your phone into Airplane mode to ensure it is temporarily disconnected from your phone.

2. Once you have disconnected the connection between watch and phone, make sure that your watch is connected to wifi by going to the settings area on your watch (not the Spotify app) and select connections, wifi and connect to wifi and for the moment select always on.

3. Open your Spotify app on your watch, go to settings and select playback, stream on wifi. You will be asked to connect to Spotify via your Spotify username or Facebook credentials.

4. Once you have logged in to your account, go to 'Your Music' on the Spotify watch app and this will show any of your music previously added to your Spotify account, such as your collection or playlists. As an example, if you wish to download to your watch a Playlist, select the playlist you wish to download and it will show a 'Download' option. Select Download and the music will start downloading to your watch.

5. If you wish to listen to your downloaded music offline when you are out at the gym, out running etc then on your Spotify app on your watch, select settings, offline, go offline, and this will then allow offline playback without needing a connection to wifi or Bluetooth.

I hope this helps anyone who had the same painful initial issues that I had 🙂

28 Replies

Hi! Is this going to be available in PERU (Latin America)???

What is a possible workaround ?

Thank you

Hi there, i have managed to login for the first time but dont seem to have all the menu options available. All that I have is Search and Settings. There is no Your Music, Recently Played, Featured Playlists or Browse available. I have Spotify Premium. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. Please help!

Unfortunately, Spotify is available only in the Play Store(United Arab Emirates) but not in Galaxy Apps(United Arab Emirates).. Any updates on this matter?

It's the same for me. Allso no "your music" on my watch.

I can use it as remote, but how do I download the music to my watch for offline play?

I have premium.

I see search and settings, can choose strem on wifi and then nothing else.

Does anyone have a solution? Can't use my GW now for music while working out. 

Help! This thread was helpful however I’m stuck! Lol! I was in the process of downloading my playlist. It was stalled several times. I managed to download one playlist but when I tried to play a song it would say no music.  That’s just the beginning but thats where I am. It’s also stuck on one song only and I cannot get it to go to another song. Soooo, my main issue is it’s not playing any music even with the downloaded songs.

Hi,

Did just that. Now i am having an issue that the music suddenly stops during a run (after 15-20min) in standalone mode, and I am not able to play the playlist anymore. Is says then that I have no offline songs.  

I have seen many users have the same issue! Very "buggy"...

Any solutions??

Thx

You are the bomb diggity!

Hi, Did you end up gettgetting a solutuon to spotify just randomly deleting downlaoded songs? I am having the same issue.

Thanks 😃

oooh man God bless you! now playing music on my Gear Sport thanks to you. Great job!!

Suggested posts