Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloading to an external usb storage

Downloading to an external usb storage

Hey,

is there a way to download my spotify playlists onto an external usb storage instead onto my sd storage?

11 Replies

Well discussed here http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/New-Android-app-preview-save-to-external-SD-card/td-p...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thx for your reply but i already saw that. It is about how to save onto an external SD card. I want to use the usb port of my mobile.

Ok the answer is no then I'm afraid
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I think this is a shame that this feature is still not present in the app. After all, I am paying good money for the PREMIUM service which assures me that I will be able to download playlists offline on my mobile device. Now, because of the very limited internal USB storage sizes, and the fact that this is a shared space both for apps and data, I am effectively lmited to downloading 20-30 songs at most.

I'm not sure how this affects US users that have a 5GB cap, but in Europe we have a 300-500MB monthly limit and my heart aches for every unnecessary bit of information that flows through the 3G network...

Please Spotify, fix this issue ASAP or you risk getting a lot of angry customers and some bad publicity!!!

you can have them download then go to a file explorer and move the files... it seems to be working as of late.

hey there,

follwing the previous posts from a while back.

I have a car headunit that has an android OS. it has internal and external SD but also has usb ports. I realise that i can use an external sd card, but want to store these onto the portable usb drive instead, as internal memory is very limited and would prefer regular speedy usb 3 transfer rather than ext SD.

is there a way of making such selection (perhaps using the old app trick) and if that is possible, is there a way to sync by:

1. file transfer copy/paste from mobile phone (same android OS also), so from phone straight to USB drive using a pc.

2. file sync using wifi or bluetooth

the aim is to perform regular syncs, or copy/paste to update content rather than have to download offline content in 2 separate devices.

i just dont want to have to download over wifi for hours if it can be copied in 10 minutes. and don't want to use my network data for these downloads, or to stream. phone data isn't cheap or reliable in australia.

which folders/files should i be looking for in the directories?

any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

Hi. I'm afraid there's no way to move the spotify cache folders between locations and have them work because of the way the cache is encrypted and tied to the original device and location. I can't think of a way of forcing the cache to be saved on an external drive either.

The cache is stored in a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui, located in \Android\data\.

You can copy music from spotify to a cdr or minidisc via the audio out port,minidisc is better cause you can re-record over it when you want.

also you can play back to the in port(mic input) to media player from cdr or minidisc,its a long winded way but it does work....i have a 12 channel mix deck with digi recording to hdd with capture,,,,that works,then i just copy everything to usb flash drive or ipod or android,plays in the car and at work(i work at the fairgrounds,we use it on the waltzer)lol.

Err somewhat illegal

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

errr who cares!!!,it's not illegal to copy music for personal use((in scotland),and when im working on the fairground it's personally my music........just very loud!!.still looking for a better way to transfer playlists to flash-drives though?.

never said it was legal,who cares,never been a problem......used to record to tape(like everybody did)now tech has got better,quality has got better.

just like you cant get SKY for free......yes you can...£70 gets you a box with all channels,for free,for life

Suggested posts