Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Droid Razr

Droid Razr

Is the droid Razr compatible with spotify?  I can get the applcatio to load on my phone, but Spotify (on my computer) does not recognize any devices.  I've tried to reinstall, change passwords, logout/login, etc.  Wondering if my phone is the issue?

10 Replies

You need to have the phone on the same network as the computer and be running the Spotify app on the phone while having it also launched on the PC. Then it should appear. Works OK on my Nexus S and that is not a supported phone

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have the same issue with my Droid RAZR.  My playlists won't sync to the Spotify app...  did you find a fix?

No, I have had no luck or support from Spotify.  The playlists do show up on my phone.  When I click on them to play, it says that I have to be a preimium member to stream music.  And, if they are a local file (which they all are!), I should change my offline playlist options.  I tried that too.  They still don't load or play.  So frustrating.  

I'm using the MotoCast software that came with my phone.  Great customer support too, they helped me problem solve a few issues.  Essentially, I've given up on this app.  Thankfully, I did not subscribe to premium membership.

The Droid Razr does work. You need premium though if you want to sync and listen to anything on the mobile devices.

Really, that totally lead you to believe you do it with the free software. From what I have read, you should be able to transfer your local files (the music you already own) to you mobile device without being a premium member. Yes, to stream you must have a premium membership, but not to sync. If this is not the case, Spotify needs to update their FAQs because it sure seems to imply that the software would do this.

In order to Sync local files from your computer to your phone, follow the instructions here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks, but I tried that and the files don't "magically" appear. Lol. I have installed and uninstalled the software, and many other things. I don't think this is user error, there is a huge software problem. I have also been experiencing the offline issue mentioned by many other users. Again, there seems to be a software issue.

Hmm, weird. Try transferring some local files over to the SD Card of the phone and see if the tracks are playable in Android version of Spotify.
Airhorn Enthusiast

be great if the link actually worked...the spotify site hasn't worked for days....

I'm using the Droid RAZR just fine with Spotify - my phone appears as the "XT910" under "Devices" in the official app.

If you're having problems, it could be a dodgy firewall blocking connection. My PC is wired and phone is wireless, but it also works on my Netbook which is wireless.

Make sure your wireless option is turned on on the phone and that they're both connected to the same network/router!

Regards,

cause_of_chaos 

Suggested posts