Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Dual accounts linked to the same facebook account and Ads for premium even though I have premium

Dual accounts linked to the same facebook account and Ads for premium even though I have premium

Hey!

So, I've been having all kinds of problems lately. I'll try to sum it up.

For some reason, today when I started spotify on my Android, I wasn't logged in. This has happened before and didn't surprise me. So, I did as I usually do - log in via facebook. This seems to have been a mistake, because when I logged in via facebook, for some reason Spotify decided to create a NEW ACCOUNT linked to my facebook - so now I have two accounts linked to the same facebook accound and the same e-mail adress. That's when stuff got really bad. Since I always log in via facebook, I had forgotten my original password. I tried a bunch of passwords I often use together with my username. I tried all kinds of stuff to get it to work, but nothing worked.

But then I suddenly remembered my old password. So, I logged in on Android. It works and all my playlists are there. The thing now is that firstly, I get ads saying "Get Premium for ad-free listening". I have Premium. Out of curiosity I clicked the ad and it says "You have an active Spotify Premium subscription". I haven't tried listening to anything yet, so I'm not sure if there's actually ads between songs, but I guess it is.

My second problem is that I cannot connect my original account to facebook, since there's already another account linked to that facebook account.

Thanks in advance,

Johan

9 Replies

Hey @Kerosene ! Welcome to the community 🙂

Is your account showing as premium if you sign into your online overview?

As for the duplicate account, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to remove it for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey and thank you 🙂

Yes, it does. It says:

"You have an active Spotify Premium subscription. Your subscription will automatically renew and you will be charged 99,00 kr on 2013-12-08 unless you cancel your recurring payment."

And I know that I have premium since I've been having it for years.

I did contact customer services team using the online contact form but I never got an answer, not even an automated. It also sent me to the login page when I tried sending the message so I don't know if they ever received it..

Johan

Strange, if you didn't get a reply then its unlikely. 

Try using this form instead:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/

Peter

Peter

I am having the EXACT same problem--this happened to me about three weeks ago and I have tried NUMEROUS times to contact someone from Spotify (I have filled out three email inquiries and "tweeted" Spotify Cares (I'm beginning to think that's a joke)).  My bank account was charged for a premium subscription that I can't access two days ago.  I want all my accounts deleted because this is a joke.  At least with iTunes I can get a hold of someone who will help me. 

@sobiesta - Can you let me know the case number (#) from when you last got in touch via email or your twitter username? 

I'll ask someone to check this out for you. 

Peter

Peter

# 01036599

# 01025791

Here are the two most recent!  Thank you!!!

I've passed those onto the Spotify team for you to chase up. 

Peter

Peter

thanks so much!

Hi @sobiesta
I've just chased up your case numbers and it looks like someone has sent you a reply this morning.

Sorry for the delay, if you check your inbox there should be an answer now.

Suggested posts