Duo playlist is not really working

Plan

Duo

Country

DK

Device

Android phones and Windows

My Question or Issue

My wife and I have the Spotify Duo plan, so we could get this Duo Mix playlist, that is supposed to be a mix of both our songs (great for road trips). Unfortunately it doesn't really work well as whenever I play it 90% of the songs played are my songs

One time it also put one of her songs, but with my icon on it (like saying it was my song)

Why is it like this?

10 Replies

I have this same problem. All songs are displaying as tied to my partner and although there is some overlap in what we listen to, it's clear it's not really pulling in any of the stuff I listen to. I am also the account holder, so I think that's especially weird. You'd think it'd pull from the account holder first rather than additional household members. Our Duo Mixes also have different songs on them, but similar artists, which I didn't expect-- thought it would be the same playlist for both of us every week.

Same problem. Duo mix shows 100% my songs and zero of my partners.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Can you check if the private mode is turned on? If so, we'd suggest to turn it off. That way your music taste can be included in the Duo Mix. 

We'd suggest you also check these steps and run a clean reinstall so you can make sure that the cache is not leading to this issue.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Resolved the issue by logging into my spotify account, selecting the spotify premium duo tab on the left hand side, then selecting join duo mix. I found this completely by chance. For some reason, plan managers are not automatically added to the duo mix. If you are a plan manager and you invite someone to the plan, they are automatically added to the duo mix through the link sent. Plan managers need to manually select this join button. Now it is actually a mix of each plan users music. I don't believe there are any instructions on why/how to do this in the sign up process, though I could have missed something.  (There are still some issues with the song selection being the same artists over and over each week--that's probably a kink that needs to be worked out by developers).

This is the solution that works, folks! This needs to be added as an option that pops up when the account holder switches to a duo plan.

MortyMcFly420_0-1603752037783.png

It only shows my songs, and the other participant does not even appear here, so really a head scratcher. Does anyone have the same issue?

Hi there @MortyMcFly420,

Thanks for the screenshot.

Could you both try leaving the Duo Mix and rejoining. You should be able to do this from your respective account page. Make sure Private listening is switched off before that.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Hi, for me the solution was to turn on participation for the other user in
their Spotify app. Hope it helps.

Hi @Sahara_Saint,

Thanks for sharing what worked for you with the community!

We're sure some users will find it very useful 🙂

AlexModerator

Stesso problema, 

vedo solo le mie nella playlista duo mix; e non trovo riferimenti a questa opzione "ascolto privato"

dove si trova esattamente?

Lucia

Suggested posts