Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Duplicate accounts - spotify v facebook - connection problems

Duplicate accounts - spotify v facebook - connection problems

Hi there,

I've had problems for the last few months with my spotify not working. I've been a premium subscriber for quite a while and let my subscription lapse as I was so frustrated with the lack of android support.

I previously had issues on my android device with spotify repeatedly switching from offline to online and back again constantly, making the app unusable.

This error occurs when I log into my original username. However, logging into this on my desktop still brings up my facebook details. I have tried disconnecting from facebook via preferences, but it is still not working.

A few days ago I managed to log in on my android device via my facebook account and the app worked for a few days before my trial subscription elapsed. I restarted my premium subscription in expectation of my device working, however my subscription appears to be linked to my original username, and my android device will not work when logged in via my original username and has the online offline problems.

From reading the forums it appears I may have a duplicate account issue. If this is the case can you please delete my facebook created account, so I can use my original account and link that to facebook?

Please help me out, I'm lost without my music!

Thanks

6 Replies

No response? Classic spotify customer service. I have already sent two emails. Anyone have advice as to how to get a response from spotify?

Hi Stevieruggling2- We can help you out here, no problem. 

So, yes, it seems you had opened a duplciate account but it's already been sorted. Your Facebook is now linked to your 'stevieruggling' account. Just be sure to always sign in with your username (not your email) to avoid future confusion. 

Are you still experiencing the offline issue on your Android? One step that has helped some other users is changing your Spotify password.

Once you've reset that, I'd also download our lastest Android app (if you haven't already) which was released just last week: https://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2012/06/12/slicker-faster-better-the-new-android-app-is-here/

Thanks for the suggestion but that has not worked.

When I log in on my android it repeatedly switches between online and offline. This happens when logging in through my original account. This did not happen when logging in on my automatically created facebook account.

Now my automatically created facebook account has been closed by spotify.

I've logged out of everything. Reinstalled both the app and the desktop programme. I've attempted to link my original account with my facebook via my android device. This is just not working.

How can I log in on my android phone with my username mperloe and a password? The Android app seems only to let you log in through Facebook. 

Can you help me please?

I want to link my "biomorfo" Premium subscription to my "Gabriel Freitas" Facebook account? 

Is it possible?

Thanks!

@biomorfo wrote:

Can you help me please?

I want to link my "biomorfo" Premium subscription to my "Gabriel Freitas" Facebook account? 

Is it possible?

Thanks!

If you get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form they should be able to get that sorted out for you including copying over any playlists you have/want too 😉 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts