Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

EQ turns off randomly

Solved!

EQ turns off randomly

EDIT: I have changed device since andno problems on S6, also seems one of the updates back in the day fixed it for me

Hi There

I've been having problems with Spotify on my Galaxy S4, EQ randomly turns off and quality goes really bad as i always tweak EQ to have best sound for style of music i currently listen to, I have a hunch that it might have something to do with notifications as it usually happens when i get few of those. I've searched through this forum but didn't find any definite answer to this and troubleshooting didn't help either, any clue if this issue is being addressed ?

Thanks

67 Replies

2016...still the same problem on my s5

2017... Still the same problem on my S4. However for me it only occurs when I skip to the next song.

What's wierd is that this doesn't happen when the next song was queued, so only when I skip a song while listening through something (album for instance) or shuffling a playlist.

It's lame as I have different playback systems that I use for my phone and each need its own EQ, but I can't save multiple user EQ profiles on Spotify's own EQ so I need to use thirdparty, which doesn't work properly.

Hi. Since the last update the equalizer fails at times and I have to re-enter the application for it to work again. Does anyone else happen to you? Or is it a problem with my phone? (Asus Zenfone Max year 2016)

I get exactly the same thing on my Samsung J5, if I pause a song and hit play again the EQ has turned itself off (more specifically, Samsung's Adapt Sound). If I hit pause and play a load of times it tends to turn itself back on, but this is not an adequate solution. It is a very frustrating issue and clearly many music lovers with android phones have been suffering (for over 4 years according to this thread!)

Does no one from Spotify care about us enough to try and fix it??
Marked as solution

For me it was music I downloaded locally to my device that also happened to be in my local files on my PC. I just removed them so it downloads the tracks from Spotify's servers and now seems to be fine.Captgfdgdfure.PNG

Marked as solution

Hello everybody. Slide the crossfade settings to OFF. My equalizer no longer stops regardless if you are playing online or offline content.

or to rephrase it better, spotify needs to fix either the fading or the EQ or rather how they work together.

I am offering a solution that can work for now while Spotify still does not
know how to fix it. I never said it was a permanent solution but hopefully
they will be able to fix it soon. The bug is there not because the
development team is lazy but probably there can be technical limitations
that prevents them from fixing it. If you still wanted that feature I would
suggest that you should buy an iPhoneX. I never experienced this bug on an
iPhone.

Suggested posts