Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Solved!

Editing playlist order on spotify mobile (Android)

Why doesn't spotify support manually changing the order of playlists on the mobile version?

Is there some kind of technical hurdle to work around or are Spotify just not listening to the people that are asking for it?

220 Replies

Not solved

Not solved.

Yo! Spotify? How do I change the order of a song on a playlist? I've been feeling grapes since you gone and done this 😥

If the app was open source it would be fixed by now. Here is how to do this on android http://stackoverflow.com/questions/24258574/best-way-to-reorder-items-in-android-4-listview Google also has a video of how to do this.

Thing is this used to be in the app. But it was removed (!!!). A couple years ago by now you could just press and hold on a song to disconnect it from the list and move it up or down. Now if do it you only get the same menu you get by clicking the three dots on a track. 

So Spotify don't even have to write much code since they already have it.

Why they removed it I just can't understand.

What I do is have a playlist which I use as a "holding tank" for the songs I want to add to my ordered playlists. Then I add tracks in the order I want to my ordered playlists and it works. Of course if I change my mind on an order I have to start from scratch but hey, I don't mind

This is not true to my knowledge.

I have tried downloading older apps using
https://www.androiddrawer.com/28572/download-spotify-music-app-apk/
and there is no functionality to my knowledge.

What version did you have that worked? I think you are confusing his
with the iPhone version.

Well, I don't know what version I'm using now so for me to know wich one I was using then is not possible. I just recall that you could change the order with longpress on the songs. Probably around 2010 ish somewhere. Found a few references from that time in google (you can set the dates if you use the search tools). Anyway it's a big misstake to not have in the app and also I see no reason to whithold the function (do you?). The customers are always right Spotify! Give us what we want or loose us.

I need my music for work as a fitness instructor. Why cant i edit my songs?
I need ti change the order constantly.
Help??? Not happy!!

Still need to edit easier but how???
Such a simple function overlooked.
Easier on an ipod with itunes.
Might go back!!!

Wow. I would have thougt that the custemor support would have been a lot better. Considering the the level of competion in the music streaming business.

If you notice this thread is about 4 years old (or more) where I first said
it should be added. Maybe you saw it on Apple where it always worked, but
not Android.

I don't think Spotify ever had this option available for android.

I'm a paying member who uses spotify on Android 100%. Come on, please catch up with it will you? This is of utmost importance to us payers!

I didn't feel like waiting any longer for spotify to come around and implement this feature so I did it myself, this app allows you to reorder tracks on your phone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.czaarek99.spotifyreorder

Thanks Borowscy!
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

This app isn't available anymore, is it?
I'm such frustrated that playlist editing is still not working on Android. Why is such a simple feature not implemented in the app? Come on Spotify, give us at least a reasonable reason.
Normally I'm listening to music when I'm e.g. on way to work and exactly then I want to work on my playlists on my mobile. It is very annoying that I have to take my Ipad or notebook at home only to do this task.

Hi Borowscy, is there an alternative way to download the app? It was deleted from Google Play...

Any news here? Incredible that this has not been implemented yet.

The link does not work: page not found

Super frustrating SPOTIFY!!  I keep hoping that with every update, this problem (YES, problem) will have been rectified.  I just purchased a Samsung Tablet and was really hoping I would be able to re-order my playlists on it like I can on my windows laptop, but no... same issue there.  

If I can't manually edit the order of songs in a playlist by July 1, I will cancel my paid subscription and encourage all of my Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Google contacts to do the same.  Are you with me??

I am pretty new to the Spotify premium community and had I known this didn't allow me to edit how my track orders were, I probably wouldn't have purchased it. Would really like a solution asap!

Suggested posts