Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Emotion ui 2.3 lockscreen controls

Emotion ui 2.3 lockscreen controls

The lockscreen controls are not available with huawei's emotion ui. I only get the controls if I disable the huawei lockscreen (and even then the album cover will not display on the screen). But if I do that I won't get any lockscreenwidgets etc. I think this is Emotion UI's problem but maybe you could fix it somehow too? I'm using Honor 6.

4 Replies

Hello!

Since this seems to be more of a bug I've moved your topic over here in the Android help section to have the right people check out the issue. 😉

Hi there, not a bug and you are quite correct. The lockscreen controls will only display on the standard Android lockscreen. If you use (or are forced to use) another lockscreen then the object required to be updated by the Spotify app will not be available, thus you will not get the behaviour you anticipate.

Some lockscreens you can download from the Play Store allow adding of widgets so you can add the Spotify control widget to it... but for a truely stock feel (with artwork and lockscreen controls) you really need to be running AOSP.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Oh, ok. I wish I had known that Honor 6 didn't have AOSP.. I hope that I'll find a good enough lockscreen app that has the spotify controls 😄 (can you or someone else recommend one?)

Thanks for help!!

Have a read of this and then you can make your own decision to which best suits your needs: http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-lock-screen-apps-lock-screen-replacement-apps-565514/

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts