Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Equalizer on spotify android is delayed when a song starts

Equalizer on spotify android is delayed when a song starts

Hey, this is a highly annoying major bug to the android equaliser.. when a song starts, it starts for 1/4 or half a second as stock setting then the custom/preset equalizer setting kicks in. So it still needs fixes.

Phone: Samsung galaxy s4
Android: 4.2.2

19 Replies

Same but on different device:

Nexus 5
Android 6.0.1

Same here when fast forwarding, rewinding or resuming any song.
Note 4.
Android 5.1.1
Latest spotify as of 3/4/16.
Has happened for more than a year and has never been addressed. Thinking about cancelling premium and moving to other service as it only happens with spotify.

@Rgarcia900

I just want to make sure you are aware that the equaliser is independant of Spotify. The actual Spotify app does not include an equaliser and instead taps into the one in your device... Either the inbuilt android one or the manufacturers/third party app.

If there are issues with the equaliser you should contact the relevant party that makes it as Spotify just uses whatever is available.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I'm having this problem too. And yes there's a seven band equalizer in Spotify.

this happens for me on a pixel w/ 7.1.2 and a 5x w/ 7.1.2.

i would say it's a system issue, but google play music does not have the same problem so would it qualify as a spotify bug?

Hi. If the issue only occurs with spotify then yes, I'd say it was a bug. Why not post over in the bug topic and let's see what they say?

done. thanks for the link Joe. i was emailing with them about this at one point, but nothing came of it. hopefully thye'll pick it up now.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. At least this way, it will be logged.

Same exact issues. as previous posts

Google pixel 2 xl. andriod 8.1.0

Spotify ver 8.4.35.152 armV7

Please help

Same problem with Pixel XL on 8.1.

More annoying for me: 3rd party equalizer apps won't work at all with downloaded songs with no Spotify availability.

I use Equalizer FX Pro and contacted the developer. He mentioned, that this locally synced songs do not start Android audio sessions and based on this every non-root equalizer won't work.

Please fix this as well.

This is a more than little bit frustrating. The bug was reported in 2013, then reported again almost a year ago. Aren't there enough Android users to warrant this being fixed?

Same issue. First second has no equalizer. Is there a fix yet? Or new bug?

Pixel 2 XL

Android 8.0.1

I'm having the same issue. I had a Oneplus 3T that has an equalizer built in and no issues with it playing Spotify. No gap when skipping to start of new songs and such. Now I have an LG G6 which has no equalizer and sounds terrible. So I went out to the play store and have tried a couple of third party EQ's (looking for the top reviews). What I have found trying out the top 2 in reviews is what you are listing here. When starting a song or skipping to a song, there is a split second where the song starts without the equalizer then the equalizer kicks in. 

The 2 I have tried so far are Equalizer by Smart Android Apps LLC and RE Equalize by WiseSchematics. Same issue on both. The only way it seems to have it not happen is to use the crossfade. If one song ends and fades into another then the equalizer stays on. I'm still playing with the settings to see if I can fix it manually.

I have found out that this seems to be a Spotify issue as I've tested this against Google Play Music and there is no gap at the start of songs. 

Spotify needs to fix this issue! 

On the equaliser turn the "surround sound" completely off

Nope. Doesn't help. 

5 years later, still broken. On Android Oreo 8.1.

@isaacwillo this isn't a fix though. they should fix the actual issue since there are so many android users

Kind of crazy this has not been prioritized. I thought Spotify would want to deliver great music quality. Issues like this make people want to unsubscribe. 

Experiencing this on Android Pie / Pixel 2 XL

This was actually working correctly for a couple weeks. Whatever happened in the last update broke it again thought. On a Pixel 2 w/ stock Android Pie and Spotify version 8.4.81.558. So whatever the version before this was it was working for me.

Suggested posts