Premium

Country

USA

Device

Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

I enjoy being able to tweak the sound, but the EQ issues are very frustating. When skipping songs via previous/next or choosing new songs, the music is substantially louder for a second or two before the EQ kicks back on. I know this loud-to-soft issue has been addressed in other posts but it never was really "solved" (although marked as so). This is more annoying than anything, but my real issue is that the EQ will randomly stop working. When I check the settings, it appears to be enabled although clicking the toggle on/off does nothing. It does this on my phone as well as on my tablet and the only fix seems to be to restart my device. Even then, it sometimes takes a minute or even requires another restart to reenable. Even though this is the Android EQ, I have not had these issues using other music player apps so it seems to be isolated to Spotify. Looking through posts, it appears the EQ has had issue for years! Why have these not actually been solved? 

5 Replies

I have the same issue

Hey there @BonsaiTr33 and @realtime

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

It'd be helpful to try logging in with a different Spotify account to check if it's an account-related issue. If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

I have the same problem on my Nokia 6.1 running Android 10. It's really weird: The EQ only works sometimes. I tried several clean Spotify app installs, followed by reboots, still not working properly. Please definitively report this issue back to the Android app dev team. I strongly disagree, that this is an account-related issue, as clearly it is about the communication between the Spotify app and the (supposedly new) interface to Android 10's system EQ.

After years and many updates, the bug still exist. Why ?

Still have this issue in 2023.... What's going on with it? Is there a solution already or what? 

Suggested posts