Country

Brazil

Device

(ASUS ZenPhone 3 MAX)

Operating System

(Android 7.0)

My Question or Issue

Hello! Hope everyone is in best of health. 🙏

I've just got a new issue on my Spotify Android App. After the last June update, everytime a music changes to next in a playlist, or the music replays, the equalizer settings are reset to standard.

This has been a very annoying bug since I'm used to the same equalizer config since I started using Spotify in 2016.

I've had contact with local support via ticket, and the solution given was to remove all downloads, erase the cache and download the app again. However, it didn't work.

Anyone knows if there is a new issue going on the latest version? This has never happend before. It started right after I updated the app on Play Store, on June 19th.

Kind Regards,
Joao.

2 Replies

Hey @Spi01,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind double-checking you're on the latest version of Android and - in case you're not - updating?

Furthermore, even if you already tried reinstalling the app, it'd be good for you to check this Spotify Answer regarding how to perform a "clean" (more thorough than a "simple") reinstall of Spotify with your Android device. Deleting any remaining traces of your current Spotify setup and then installing the app from scratch might likely do the trick in this case.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and be here if we can help any further!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello, @Mario ! Thank you for your answer.

Well, I'm not sure if I have the latest version of Android. But, anyway, if any update to Spotify app no longer supports an outdated version of Android, there should be a patch note explaining that, right?

About the re-installion, I'm sorry but I cannot comply right now since this is very laborous... By the way, I can't keep re-installing the app all time just because we don't know what the problem is.  This was the same solution given by the local support team and it didn't work (I'm aware it wasn't a "clean" installation, but will there really be any difference?).

In that case, could you please tell me another possible solution? I've seen recent posts reporting this same issue, so probably is really something to address to the developers, no?

If not, we will have to wait a little til I'm able to execute this "full re-installation" or to update my operational system.

And just to clarify, the latest updates in July did not fix the problem in any way. The bug remains the very same.

Regards,

Suggested posts