Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error: "Cannot queue this content" when trying to add an album to the queue

Error: "Cannot queue this content" when trying to add an album to the queue

I have Spotify Premium. When I try to add an album to the queue on Android (using a Oneplus Two), I get an error saying "Cannot queue this content". Happens no matter what album I try to add. The only way I can play an entire album is to click the big green "Shuffle Play" album.

I've done a full uninstall & re-install and nothing changed. Any ideas?

I also seem to have lost access to the queue altogether - when playing a track there is no button in the top right to access the queue.

18 Replies

• I just started having this problem too. Just started today. It does this with every album I try to queue up. It works when I queue an album by going into the artist profile. But when I try to do it from my library I get that message. If I try to queue an individual song it works though. Any ideas how to solve this?

Hey there @pmurti, @newman31177

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to double-check, have you already tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify-app? We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify.

We also suggest you restart the device and check again afterwards. This step usually tends to solve issues as the one you're experiencing. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

I'm experiencing the same issue. A clean reinstall and restarting my device did not solve the problem for me.

Hey there @SeductiveRadish

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Would you mind testing it on a different device, if you have this possibility? This way you can check if the issue might be device-related. 

Also, let us know if you experience this with a particular album or any album you try adding to the queue. 

We'll look out for your reply.

I have the same issue on a Huawei P30 Pro using Spotify version 8.5.43.724

Can't queue any album but I can queue individual songs

I have tried a clean install, firneds with different devices are still able to queue albums.

Hi all, I've just started getting this message too. Was working fine yesterday... Can no longer add albums from library to queue (but can add individual songs). If anyone finds a solution please post! 

I'm having the same issue on a Google Pixel, but not on a Toshiba laptop. I can't queue albums while streaming or from downloads, either from my library (by long-hold clicking) or by clicking the three dots while viewing an album. Already tried reinstalling the app, didn't change anything.

The same is happening to me in my cellphone, is a OnePlus 5t with version 8.5.43.724. But Iam able to download and add to the queue in my table Galaxy tab S with spotify 8.5.43.724, both running android 9 on my phone and the tablet uses 6.0.1 (old tablet)
I tried:
Cleaning cache in the app, didn't work
Cleaning cache in android apps menu, didn't work
Cleaning cache first in the app then in android menu, uninstall and install. didn't work
Celaning cache in app then android uninstal restart the phone and install spotify again and didn't work.

The thing is the same, i can't add to the queue from the library "three dot menu" or from view album thre dot menu
my account is premium.

if i can send you logs or whatever just let me know how to get them or let me know if i can help in anyway.

cheers

update: i can add full record or a track before dowloading or while is being downloading, once i got it on the cellphone it won't work.

Same issues here on OnePlus 7 Pro, Android 10 [OxygenOS 10.0.3], with Spotify Premium (8.5.43.724). I can't add any album from the library to the queue, i tried to clean cache, reinstall and reboot but nothing worked.

A few minutes ago i discovered a "workaround":

library > album > song > any song's "three dot menù" > go to album > add album to queue

I know it sounds weird but it works every time.

Another update. Now nothing works.

Any more info on this?

Since the last update yesterday problem is fixed for me.

Thanks.

Yes, updated mine yesterday too and it has fixed the issue 👍

This problem recurs like once every two weeks for me (Pixel 3a, premium acct) and no amount of uninstalling, reinstalling, or restarting will fix it. Is Spotify ever going to actually do something to address this or just keep telling us to turn it off and on again because they can't be bothered?

Did you EVER get this resolved?
I recently converted our account (daughter's) to a family-account, but the queue functionality is a HUGE mess (this is being VERY nice here), on non-Samsung Android devices, seems like?

A couple of days ago, I couldn't get anything to stay in the queue, EVER, only one(1) track (podcasts, primarily, but I tested songs too) would persist.

Today, I don't ever HAVE a queue, and I can't add to one, I get the aweseome "Cannot Queue this Content" error message, which is pretty innocuous.

I've rebooted, flushed the app-cache, the phone primary cache, un-installed/re-installed, and logged-out-back-in, NUMEROUS times, to no avail.

It would seem like (based on my chat w/support), that Spotify pretty much doesn't care about non iOS or Android-Samsung devices, period?  That was sort of the impression I got, when I got them to admit they'd tested on a Redmi phone, outside of Samsung.

I don't understand how a multi-billion company doesn't care about Android-diversity, apparently?

Hey @MLRio and @pgrey,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd love to help you out.

We can see that you've tried different troubleshooting steps, that are very good. Can you also try with another device? Does the issue persist?

If you still experience this issue on another device, it's also a good idea to try with another account. That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

If the issue doesn't occur while using another account, we'd suggest to head here and create a new account. Then you can transfer the music to the new account with these steps.

Let us know how it goes. If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I was not trying to add an entire album to the queue but simply playing consecutively through a playlist, this song crashes the app entirely.

https://open.spotify.com/track/0tQmgwFKw9069z1BXniOiA?si=nTkhuRl-So-YfJfi9LnuoQ&utm_source=copy-link

The song plays fine on its own but it gets skipped when listening passively to the playlist and crashes when actively trying to play from the list. "Cannot queue this content" either

Hi there @tynon_1221,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

We've tried to reproduce this on our end, but everything works fine with the song.

You can try to enable Explicit content on your account as that might be restricting you from adding the song to queue or for it to play in playlists.

Let us know if this is happening on all your devices.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts