Announcements

Every second song is silent.

Highlighted

Every second song is silent.

Casual Listener

Hi.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and I'm a Premium user.

These past few days, I can't play songs consecutively. One song ends, and the next one begins but there is absolutely no sound. If I pause and play, or rewind to the beginning, or take a photo with my phone (which makes a shutter sound), the song plays from the beginning.

I moved my cache to my SD card very recently and I'm thinking maybe I overloaded it but it's just 2GB worth of music in a card with 27,71GB more available space. It doesn't happen on my PCs. Maybe because I didn't download as much.

I'm very pissed about this as a paying customer.

Anyone knowledgable, please help.

16 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Every second song is silent.

Casual Listener

Same Problem here on my Samsung s3 mini.

This is realy annoying, i am a paying customer as well.

By the way, it all happened after i updated spotify yesterday...

Highlighted

Casual Listener

You can go to Settings and set the crossfade to 1 second, temporary solution. The tracks play normally when the screen is on, too.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

It does not work 😞

Oh my bad, now it works 😄 Thank you!!!!

Highlighted

Regular

For number one, I had the same issue, I talked with the help desk and apparently the new update had caused the cache to be corrupted and disconnected from the app, saving contents twice on my phone and causing said issue. 

To solve it, you need to go to your account online (browser) and reset (aka remove) all your offline devices and do a reinstall of the app. You'll need to redownload the songs, but this seems to have solved the problem for me.

Got this from the help desk, so credit where credit due

*Edit doesn't actually work after all*

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same problem on my Samsung S2

Songs keep playing but after a while all is silent, while song just plays on.

Tried setting crossfade on/off, equalizer, and all other settings, cleared cache, reinstalled from sratch... nothing helps.

This is really annoying!

Highlighted

Strangely enough, I've just got this error. The cross-fade has worked for me, but it's annoying to think that people were getting the same error 4 years ago, and it's still not been fixed 😐

Highlighted

Hey there @RainbowWizzKid,

Thanks for reaching out here and welcome to the Community!

This sounds like you're experiencing an issue that w're currently looking into. We recommend, you head here and follow the instructions under the Status Update.

Hope you'll find this useful. Give us a shout in case there's anything else you need help with 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen
Highlighted

Casual Listener

Every second song is silent, why does this happen in premium? I do not have this in my free account?

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I downloaded Spotify Lite, now there is no issue with every second song being silent when manually skipping songs. Also in my free version, no issues. I love your service, please ask the clever guys behind the scenes to try and fix the issue with the premium package...

Awaiting your response.

None of the steps you advised helps.

Jacques, Cape Town

SUGGESTED POSTS