Explicit Content and Can't Report

Highlighted

Re: Explicit Content and Can't Report

Jack, not sure if you're a Spotify employee or not.

Spotify should be ashamed of how poorly explicit content and issues like this have been handled.

I just signed up for a family account, and I am unable to report ANY song.  What's the point of having an explicit filter if A) you aren't using AI and registered lyric databases already out there to tag properly and B) if the crowd-sourcing option is completely broken.

I too will likely cancel my family subscription if this issue isn't resolved as promised.

Maybe Spotify will start caring, this isn't a difficult bug to quash.

FWIW, I'm on Android with a Pixel 3 XL, latest updates.

Highlighted

Explicit Content filter is a chocolate fireguard

Visitor

The issue is, as you say:

Note: Our explicit content tags are applied based on information we receive from rights-holders. We can’t guarantee all explicit content is marked as such. 

So, Ava Max's new song 'On Somebody' opens with "Heartbreak is a mother****er".

Your explicit content filters fail completely.

You need to either sort this or just remove the function; at the moment it is a chocolate fireguard.

My Family Premium subscription will be cancelled if this isn't sorted.

Highlighted

Been having the same problem as well. I do not show explicit content when my kids are in the vehicle and yet I keep hearing songs which contain explicit content! Worst of all, the report explicit content option does not work!!

Highlighted

Visitor

I am also having this issue with my premium FAMILY account.  One of my children pulled up a wonderful (explicit) song for me on their device which has explicit content blocked.  I tried to report it as explicit and got the same error as everyone else "could not report, try again later".  I don't see a reason to keep paying for a service that allows my children to listen to "blocked" content. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

nando, your response is as useful as a chocolate teapot

Highlighted

Yep, same problem here. Have a premium account, using on an Android Moto X4, so a relatively new & regularly updated phone, and I haven't been able to report a song the whole time I've used the app (2018-2020). I've stopped listening to the radio because of that, which means I have to make playlists whenever I want to listen to a certain genre or band and have to handpick all the songs I put in it. Plus it means I have to read the lyrics to every single song I come across and I would love to have this fixed. Or to have Spotify look into it at very least, since it seems like this thread is being ignored big time. This isn't a back burner problem, Spotify!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

I came across this song which contains F* words but not labelled as explicit:
https://open.spotify.com/track/1P62HRhImwoMT0QG3skOCE?si=aEgZcVn-QGyHiS9hINPzCg

Clicking the report button on Android, shows the error:
"Could not report, please try again"

SUGGESTED POSTS