Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Explicit/edited albums not appearing

Explicit/edited albums not appearing

Certain explicit versions of albums aren't showing up on on my Mac, but appear on my Android. This also happens the other way around.

An example would be Doggystyle by Snoop Doggy Dogg. On my Mac, I can only see the edited version of his album, but I can see the explicit version on my Android in addition to the editied version.

A user did post a playlist of the album which includes the explicit songs, and if I click the name of the album from their playlist I am taken to the explicit version's official spotify page (with an option to see the edited version at the bottom).

Something similar happened with Outkast's Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, but in reverse. My phone can only play the edited version, and my Mac can only play the explicit version.

1 Reply

Not sure about mobile, but on the desktop client if you go to the album page, if there is multiple versions of the same album (one clean and one explicit) normally there is a "x more release" button in the bottom right of the album page which shows you the other releases.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts