Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

External SD card

External SD card

When I sync, my songs go to the internal SD card (Samsung Gallaxy S1), much smaller than my 32 external SD. How can I sync to the external SD card? Thanks

Guillermo Aranzabal

12 Replies

See this link: https://www.spotify.com/fr/help/faq/mobile/android-how-do-i-store-offline-music-on-the-external-sd-c...

Hope that helps!
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

thanks a lot!

this doesn't work on samsung galaxy w?? please help

This feature isn't in the new version of the app yet but should be along with the upcoming release. 

@Rorey wrote:

This feature isn't in the new version of the app yet but should be along with the upcoming release. 

i keep seeing the "upcoming release" mentioned.  should we all assume that this is the *only* fix/feature being added?  and should we assume this will be released by end of year?

We can assume it is coming eventually. Thats it. Nothing more nothing less.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

My understanding is that it will be out soon and my guess is that the SD card switch feature won't be the only fix/feature being added. Usually, numerous unnamed bugs are fixed along with stability improvements. 

Thank you Rorey and in less than 5 hours I enjoy Android with Spotify. 🙂

@Rorey wrote:

My understanding is that it will be out soon and my guess is that the SD card switch feature won't be the only fix/feature being added. Usually, numerous unnamed bugs are fixed along with stability improvements. 

with all due respect, that is a blatant lie.  do they tell you to say things like that?

@hpguru wrote:

Thank you Rorey and in less than 5 hours I enjoy Android with Spotify. 🙂

Woohoo!

Community Ergo Sum

Concerning the ability of choosing an external SD card as storage location, I guess they are really working on it (at least according to support statements).

Meanwhile, the best method seems to uninstall Spotify, install the previous version (can be found somewhere on this forum but I don't know where anymore, since lots of links are dead), then set the path to the external SD card (as explained here) and finally reinstall the last version (or let it being automatically reinstalled).

The good news is that the path to the external SD card is kept (as far as I am concerned at least). I didn't even have to reinstall the last version, I discovered the following day that it was automatically done. The only downside is that you have to resynchronize your playists, but anyway you would have done it.

Hope this helps.

Hi guys.  I just posted an update regarding the progress on this feature at the link below:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/New-Android-app-preview-save-to-external-SD-card/m-p/...

Suggested posts