Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extremely low download speed for offline music

Extremely low download speed for offline music

Plan

Premium

Country

Greece

Device

Meizu M6 Note

Operating System

Flyme 7.1, Android 7.1.2

My Question or Issue

Tracks I have chosen for offline music, download in extremely low speeds. In other words and for reasons I'm not aware of, Spotify refuses to use my connection in it's full extend and as a result, the download time extends unjustifiedly. Unless, Spotify server refuses to serve a file in high speeds - I don't know.

For this problem, it doesn't matter how many tracks I download or if I have chosen a better quality. It's a matter of download speed, not file size.

I have already deleted all offline devices assosiated with my account and I have re-installed Spotify - none of these steps worked.

What worries me is the fact this is not the only message on the matter, yet most are unanswered and the ones that are offer no solution.

5 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, does this occur when connected over different interent connections?

Keep in mind that some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) restrict access to certain services. If the issue doesn't persist over a different internet connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

We'd also suggest taking a look at this support site article.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It happens on any network, including cellular.

I never connect to networks outside of my own.

Hey @user-removed.

Thanks for confirming that for us.

We are not currently aware of any issues which would affect the download speed of your music on Spotify, so, if this is happening on any network, it is possible that there is something up with the device on which you're using Spotify.

Have you tired restarting your phone already? If that doesn't work, then we'd suggets considering resetting your phone to factory settings, whilst making sure you have everything backed up.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here if you need any further help with this.

It literally is the slowest ever!!! Both on android and on Windows 10, with an incredibly strong internet connection. It is taking 5hours to download 6000 songs.... are you guys serious?

Same here and the offered solutions are not real and clever.

We are users not bunch of potatoe bags.

Suggested posts