Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook name and profile picture vanished

Facebook name and profile picture vanished

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

PIXEL XL

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have an account through facebook, but on my app it has suddenly changed to where my profile picture (facebFac picture) does not appear, and my name is now a series of numbers. On accounts of people who have followed me it also shows my account as a number when they go to their followers. I can also no longer be searched by typing in my name. My profile picture can still be seen on my discover weekly playlist though. Please help. Thanks

1 Reply

Hey @Noahhn.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Give it 48 hours and your information should be displayed again. Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts