Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Features/Issues/Questions on the Samsung Galaxy SIII

Features/Issues/Questions on the Samsung Galaxy SIII

I've been using Spotify for a few months now on my Samsung GIII, and I have a few questions or observations about issues I'm experiencing.  There's so many topics in Android, I don't know where to start for answers.  So, I'm just going to list the issues I see, maybe someone can answer or comment.

1. Gapless play and Crossfade features do not work with local files on the Android App.  This is very annoying, because I'm adicted to those features on the PC Desktop interface.  When using your phone in the car with an aux jack, there is static between the songs that makes painful noises on your car speakers.  Want to avoid that if possible.  Why can't these features work on Android/Mobile?

2. If I don't use Spotify for a while on my phone, the player won't play the last played song.  I'm forced to open the app, open the playlist, and re-select a song to play.  This is particularly annoying when I just want to grab and go.  I use Widgets a lot.  I want to have the ability to just turn my phone on, and hit "PLAY" on the Spotify widget, and play where I left off last time.  After not being in use for a few minutes, this feature doesn't work.  The song doesn't play.  You have to reopen the app, and select the song you want to play.  Annoying!!!

4 Replies

1 - Does it work on the streamable content / offline playlists but not for local files?
2 - This is a bug to my knowledge, I hate it myself. Many times I'v listened to some tunes at work and when I go to my car and I'd like to continue - I can't. I really need to find the song / playlist etc and then continue.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

The widget bug needs to be fixed!! I use the spotify widget on my lockscreen so I don't have to unlock my phone, open spotify etc the long way. With the widget I can just press play or skip straight from the lock screen - however the bug is very annoying, i have to tap the album cover on the widget to open the app then reselect a song in the playlist to get it to start playing.... POINTLESS!

What the PHUCK Spotify!!!!!!  It's been how long since I, and other users, have posted about these OBVIOUS bugs, and YOU CAN'T SEEM TO FIX IT?????  Give me a phucking break.  These are obvious issues, and should be obvious fixes.  News flash to idiot Spotify developers.......we live in a MOBILE WORLD!!!!!!  Your mobile app should be USEFUL, and not phucking retarded.

Get your schitt together Spotify.  Your Android mobile app is KINDERGARDEN MATERIAL!!!!!

Guys - this bugged me for a long time and now it's sorted thanks to Spotify support. Now you can enjoy the widget but i hope you have enough internal memory. Snippet from support:

"

Back in Oct/ Nov 2012, Spotify stopped supporting SD cards. This threw up a number of cases similar to yours, which I think we have missed as we have been looking for some unexpected behaviour / bug / issue etc.

Please could you try this for me: try removing the Spotify app completely from the phone, clearing the creche etc. 

Then take out the SD card. Then reinstall Spotify. Then resync your offline Playlists. And finally put your SD card back in.

The app should now work perfectly (if I am right).These then locates Spotify directly onto the Phones internal memory.

"

Cheers - JS

Suggested posts