Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Solved!

Feedback Request: Android Offline Issues

Hello everyone! Spotify here.

We are looking into customer reports about issues with offlined playlists on Android (music which is downloaded to your phone so you can play without an internet connection). Our investigation shows that some folks might have experienced some issues with this so we were hoping you could answer some questions to help us diagnose the problem.

1. Have you made a playlist available offline which you could not play without any internet connection?

2. Have you made a playlist available offline which constantly downloads when you start Spotify?

Thanks,
Team Spotify
448 Replies

i could play my playlists offline without internet one month. than it stopped! spur

No but I did get logged out when my phone was set into offline mode now I can't get back in

Would honestly like to know why infant annihilator was removed from your platform when you proceed to have music from **bleep** offenders freely playing for everyone to listen to. You are in violation of the first amendment and I hope they sue because your acts are hypocritical. Honestly i along with many others are thinking of discontinuing service and use of your platform. I am disgusted.

Windows10 Lumia950: Just moved all my music to Spotify as groove is closing down. Can't listen to ANY of my own music through Spotify. When i press for offline mode I'm shown the sign for 'premium' to access MY music. Please tell this is not so. If i have to pay to listen to my own already paid for music, then its GOODBYE Spotify. Any thoughts greatly appreciated. 

Why can't I play the music I have all ready downloaded in the offline position

Why is it my songs downloaded needs to redownload again? I thought it will be available for offline listening unless i removed the songs or not been online for 30 days

Has this issue been resolved, it is very frustrating that some of my playlists do not download completely, I have done a clean reinstall over 10 times.

It's a joke that this happens. I never used to have issues, now all I get is some playlist have downloaded completely, some are waiting to download. I have plenty of space so that is not the issue.

Even when I add a new song to a playlist, the song will not download, then I check later and it has downloaded.....

I don't know what is going on.

Is this maybe related to the "Android Auto Spotify Offline" issue? I am having that Android Auto problem when in offline mode. I have to turn on 4G in order to select & play offline songs. Super frustrating & dangerous when driving to have to turn on/off 4G each time just to select a new tune. Please don't let your monopoly on the streaming music market cause you to neglect developing & maintaining high quality mobile app software. Low quality software WILL catch up to all of us - I am a software developer & have an in depth understanding of this.
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Thanks for all of the info so far. Your feedback has been very valuable to our tech teams.

We've blocked new replies to this topic now, but if you need help with your downloads, you can take a look at support page here for tips and trick that might solve your issue.

In case that doesn't work and you're still having trouble listening to your downloaded music, we'd suggest following the steps in this Spotify Answer to report your issue. A member of Staff or a Star will get in touch with you as soon as possible to help you out.

Thanks again and have a great day ahead!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts