Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Filtering still plays every song in the playlist

Solved!

Filtering still plays every song in the playlist

So it's been a month with different bugs and glitches and it is getting tiresome.

This time filtering is not working. Even if i filter for a specific song or word it still plays any song in the library when shuffle is activated and the song is ended or i press next song.

Yes, i've tried logging in and out and reinstalling the app.

Samsung 7 with oreo.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback to the Community 🙂

We just wanted to let you know that this change was intentional. However, you can add your vote to this idea - that way, if enough people vote for the idea, Spotify will consider bringing the feature back.

Note: we've marked this post as a solution for the sake of visibility.

Take care!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Saw this mentioned on Reddit and I commented there: link

To reiterate, here's what support told me:
We strongly suggest that you create a playlist of your favorite songs from a particular artist that you like instead. In this case, if you listen to the playlist, all of the songs that will shuffle play are all from a specific artist only. 

Here's to hoping the team in charge of this actually fixes the bug.

So instead of fixing this we're supposed to make nee playlists? Just like
that guy on reddit i am an old user with my old starred playlist. 2000+
songs....

Yeah, I don't get it either. Makes it really tedious when they could have just kept it as it was. Now you have to make loads of new playlists.

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback to the Community 🙂

We just wanted to let you know that this change was intentional. However, you can add your vote to this idea - that way, if enough people vote for the idea, Spotify will consider bringing the feature back.

Note: we've marked this post as a solution for the sake of visibility.

Take care!

Suggested posts