Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Filtering through a playlist does not work

Filtering through a playlist does not work

So this recently started happening with one of the more recent app updates .Previously when I was in my main playlist I could filter for a specific song/artist/etc. And whatever I typed would get filtered out so only the ones that had the same words I typed would remained .and I could just play all the songs in that little search while still being in my main playlist .NOW. I can still filter it just the same. But when I try to press a song to play from that filtered search. The wrong song plays. In fact, the song that would have played if there was no search/filter plays .  For example I keep my playlist in alphabetical order by track bame (so tracks that start with numbers go first then a, b, c etc) . If I searched through my playlist for j Cole and selected the first track in that specific search result of my playlist .Instead of hearing that song 0-100 by Drake would start playing. Because that's at the top of the whole playlist . And this happens any time I search/filter through any of my playlists .and i can't fix it and I really hate it.  Also adding I've had premium for a while, I'm loyal man I deserve better than this

31 Replies

i have the same issue as you, as well as some other issues

please fix spotify

Also if I'm shuffling music then I decide to pick a specific song it takes me out of shuffle mode now. Instead of just shuffling again after the dpecifsp song I selected...does that happen to you too?

Yes it does

Yes.

Another premium user here. Pixel 2. This is a consistent bug. Easily replicated.

I have large playlists that I like to filter by artist so this is a very frusterating issue. 🙂 I'm sure you guys are working to get this fixed. Thanks!

I also have started to have this issue as of late last week. 

Yup. I noticed this 3 days ago. 

I have a giant playlist of Beatles songs that also includes all the solo works of the various members. The Beatles albums are all organized from their last album released (Let it Be) to their last (Please Please Me). The rest of the songs follow that order starting with John's stuff, then Paul's, George's, and finally Ringo's.

No matter what I search, Two of Us (first song of Let it Be) and beyond are the songs that will actually play. The newest update pushed out today didn't fixed it either. 

I created a playlist so that I could reoder tracks since it's way too easy to accidently delete a song from your library which then screws up the order of the songs.

After creating this and putting all my songs (over 300) into the playlist, when I search for a particular artist and play a song from the filtered results I would expect the next item in the filtered results to play. But this doesn't happen and it plays the songs that would be next if I didn't have the filter...

Let me know if you need anymore details, i'm able to give screenshots if necessary.

The issue actually was fixed for me I'm not sure how lol

The filter worked this weekend, but as of this morning the issue had returned. 

Im using Galaxy S7 and experiencing the same problem 

I have deleted spotify from the android phone and reinstalled through google play 

Problem still exists - so annoying! 

I joined Spotify when in its infancy and the changes to formats suggest as recommended songs for you etc is beginning to be more of a hindrance then improvement 

Perhaps at the age of 65 I am getting too old for these marketing led changes and fancy layouts!!  

Has anyone else had a fix for this? Its driving me nuts! 

I'm having the same issue using a Galaxy S8, I had the issue a bit ago, but now it has returned unexplainably - Spotify Dev's, sort it!!

I am having the same issue for 3 weeks now. My playlists have the max songs so it's really annoying. I've tried clean reinstall every week but nothing works

Same issue. Filter search for song in my playlist. Click play and it plays the song in the original playlist in the number order of where that song is in the filter search. Glad I pay to use a product with bugs.

Also having this problem, can anyone fix this?

I am having the same issue and it is so frustrating like i am desesperate looking for a solution.

Same problem here! Filter is not working properly and also the shuffle issue... Already deleted, reinstalled  downloaded all the songs again... Fix this, please! 

I'm having the same issue too -_- already uninstalled and reinstalled. Still have the same problem. 

Suggested posts