Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Filtering through a playlist does not work

Filtering through a playlist does not work

So this recently started happening with one of the more recent app updates .Previously when I was in my main playlist I could filter for a specific song/artist/etc. And whatever I typed would get filtered out so only the ones that had the same words I typed would remained .and I could just play all the songs in that little search while still being in my main playlist .NOW. I can still filter it just the same. But when I try to press a song to play from that filtered search. The wrong song plays. In fact, the song that would have played if there was no search/filter plays .  For example I keep my playlist in alphabetical order by track bame (so tracks that start with numbers go first then a, b, c etc) . If I searched through my playlist for j Cole and selected the first track in that specific search result of my playlist .Instead of hearing that song 0-100 by Drake would start playing. Because that's at the top of the whole playlist . And this happens any time I search/filter through any of my playlists .and i can't fix it and I really hate it.  Also adding I've had premium for a while, I'm loyal man I deserve better than this

31 Replies

Yeap..  I just found this out too. The filtering and now the shuffling is not working and it's driving me insane. I've reinstalled Spotify at least 3 times and even re-downloaded my play lists everytime and also restarted my phone several times, but nothing... fix this ASAP Spotify or I will have to remove my account. 

Same here. This bug and the one with the strange window behaviour in Windows 10 makes the use of Spotify very annoying at the moment.

Same here. Very annoying bug, as it makes it very hard to pick a specific song from long playlists. Shouldn't be hard to fix, I would think...

Hey, Spotify!

Two months and still not fixed? Don't forget where your money originates from.

I'm also having this issue as of roughly 2 weeks ago. I uninstalled and reinstalled the application and the issue persists. Really irritating stuff. 

Hey, y'all; today's Android update seems to fix it; try! 12:45pm CST

No it doesnt ! 

Well, Spotify, don't f*ck up MY update to give these other patrons what they deserve; fix it!

Welcome to Spotify, the most incompetantly run company in the world! (possibly history). Watch as your dollars go absolutely nowhere, not to artists, not towards R&D or even a community of feedback and feature requests. Nah, your money goes to the overhired and overstaffed mouth breathing midwest transplant programmers that give 0 tosses about your desire to improve or make their platform, I donno, function.

Watch how there is a forum online requesting the notification bell to be put back in. They took out this feature where any artist you follow you get a notification of a new album relase. Pretty basic and important feature. They got rid of it because they are so corrupted by label influence they decided a Release Radar was better with 10 shitty picked top 50 tracks that have no relevence to who you follow or listen to.

You guys are preaching to a fascist regime...but hey its the only decent library of music and they know we'll put up with it til a huge scandal **bleep**s them over in the public eyes and then they will do everything they can to save face. It'll happen but don't expect anything to be done to fix this bug in the next 2 or so years...or anything else broken presently for that matter.

They are that inept and spiteful

Hi everyone 

I posted a message a while back on this thread and it is amazing that this problem still persists!!

Out walking tonight wanted to listen to Hans Zimmer ...  filtered showed the tracks and then after the first track completely different tracks from my main playlist started playing This is despite autoplay being switched off 

Dreadful Spotify .... get the basics right please! 

Hey All,

I am experiencing this same issue as well on my Android app and its been bugging me for the last few months already. I wish more people can report this issue in this thread so that it will be escalated and can be solved sooner.  EVERYONE please ask your friends and people you know to report this issue. Hoping for the community can help with my request. Thanks! 

Looks like they don't care at all

Suggested posts