Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Fire TV Stick 4K / Android] Daily Spotify notifications shown under Settings/Notifications

[Fire TV Stick 4K / Android] Daily Spotify notifications shown under Settings/Notifications

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Fire TV Stick 4K

Operating System

Fire OS 6.2.7.7 (Android)

My Question or Issue

My Fire TV stick shows notifications everyday from Spotify app, and I have no way of stopping this from happening. When clicking the notification under Settings/Notifications, it opens the Spotify app, asks for a user, and then when clicked it goes to the Spotify homepage with no indication for what notification was about.

This happens on both my Fire TV 4K sticks.

After dismissing notification, it appears again the following day, which is a never ending cycle.

Can this be investigated and resolved please?

Kind regards,

Sunny

7 Replies

Hey @sw4,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Could you let us know if the issue persists once you've deactivated notifications from your account page? You can learn how to do this here

If the issue persists it's a good idea to unlink your Spotify account from the Fire TV sticks and use the log out everywhere feature. This will prompt a resynch of your account settings with our servers the next time you log in.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

@Mihail

Thanks for your suggestions, I have removed the notifications from my accounts page and will monitor if the resolves the issue. However, this is not an ideal solution as this method also disables all notifications for all devices (including my mobile phone Spotify app, which I do not want to do). 

Please can you discuss with the app developers to see if they can add an settings option to disable notifications for the Fire TV stick only?

Regards,

sw4

Hi @sw4

We understand where you're coming from.

Thanks for the feedback – we appreciate it! We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team. 

If you need anything else, just let us know!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Did this get fixed? Because I also have this issue.

Hey @Tessifus,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

In Spotify, you can manage the notifications you receive directly from the account settings by following the steps mentioned in this article. However, this will deactivate the notifications on all the devices you've got your account logged in to.

In case you want to turn off the notification on your Firestick TV only, you can change this setting directly by following the steps mentioned on the Amazon support site.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator

But why should I have to turn off all notifications to my account to stop notifications from popping up on a specific device.. why has this issue continued years later ..I'm having the issue now in 2024

Hey @pauliedamook,

Welcome to the Community, and thank you for joining the conversation.

Keep in mind that you can also deactivate notifications directly on your Fire TV to avoid affecting notifications on other devices. Also, in order to continue investigating this issue, would you mind confirming if unlinking your Spotify account from the Fire TV and logging out everywhere makes any difference, as it was previously suggested by @Mihail?

If so and the issue persists, could you check if you have any pending firmware updates that could be affecting the proper behavior of the app on your Fire TV?

Lastly, we'd recommend checking with a different Wi-Fi connection, as this could be related to the permissions and restrictions of the network. If you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it on.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts