Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fire TV Stick - Spotify app unusable

Fire TV Stick - Spotify app unusable

My Question or Issue

When I start the app and play a song, after 30-90 seconds the app seems to crash the whole OS and the stick reboots. This started several weeks ago, I don't know if it started to happen after an update. This renders the app useless for me.

Device

Amazon Fire TV Stick Gen 2

Operating System

Fire OS 5.2.7.1 (646581820) - up to date as of time of writing

3.19/5.94 GB available

Spotify App v1.18.0

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

8 Replies

Hey @huffpuff,

Welcome to the Community.

We know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let us know the exact version of Spotify?

Looking forward to your reply 🙂

Thanks for your help, unfortunately that didn't fix the problem. After the clean reinstall the same thing happens again after 1-2 minutes. The app version is 1.18.0

Hey @huffpuff,

Thanks for getting back to me. That must be annoying - no worries, we're here to help.

Is this happening on any other devices? What happens when you log into your device but with another account, does it also crash? 

Looking forward to your reply 🙂 

Other devices are fine. A different account changed nothing.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem.

Have you got this issue resolved yet?

Thanks.

Sadly no 😞

Thanks!

Is there any way that we could get in contact with someone at Spotify since it seems they don't want to address this issue?

I wish I'd know, all I found were links to this site.

Suggested posts