Fire TV playback freezing after advert

Plan

Free

Country

UK

Device

Amazon Fire Stick

My Question or Issue

Playback competely freezes after a couple of songs, usually after an advert plays. NOTHING gets the player working again other than rebooting the Fire stick.
This was working perfectly until a month or so ago, controllable from other devices, all playlists etc were fine. Now it's completely useless, but this is the device connected to my Stereo so the main place I listen to Spotify.

4 Replies

Still doing this, it's infuriating! Managed to resume playback after one advert but then froze again after another. There is NOTHING you can do to get music playing again. Force stopping the android app and clearing the cache don't work. I'm not going to tediously reboot the fire stick after every advert. PLEASE FIX YOUR ADVERT RESUME PROCESS! I don't mind the advert but not being able to listen on my stereo is *really* annoying.

I have the same issue, same plan, same location. It's not just after adverts though for me, it is often 5-10 songs into a playlist, reaches the end of a song, everything stops. I get an error message in the Settings portion of my Amazon Fire menu, but when I click on that nothing happens.

STILL happening, the first advert that plays completely kills the Fire TV app.

Please fix the advert process so playback can resume. I have to reboot my Fire stick to play again.

Same thing happens with Sony Android TVs... 😞

Suggested posts