Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forced offline, syncing problems + Spotify erases my offline music! :-(

Forced offline, syncing problems + Spotify erases my offline music! :-(

I had these problems since about 1 1/2 month or so. I've written twice to Spotify, who so far has neglected my messages.

Offline:

Most of the time when using the app, I am forced into an offline-mode. It is not enabled in settings. It does not matter wether I'm on mobile connection or WiFi.

Syncing:

I found out that if I completely uninstall Spotify and all it's files, I will be online when I log in the first time. I can then sync songs ONCE. After that, I am forced into offline-mode again. If I occasionaly go online, Spotify won't sync any list at all, or worse...

...erase my music:

Spotify claims that I have synced three devices, and then just erase all my offline songs. The thing is that I have only synced one device - my phone. This is of course VERY FRUSTRATING!

I use a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android v2.3.3.

20 Replies

yup im getting the same thing and its killing me! i sync it before going to work, then on train home its saying it has to force me online and the message about devices and i cant listen to my music goin on :@ rage-much! gimme a shout if u get an answer to this problem

I have the same problem with my S2!

It says that I'm offline, and I have no option to get online. I will opt to "sync" a playlist, but I have no way of forcing it to sync...the songs in the playlist just say "pending sync".

I have to log out and then log back in to be online, and then eventually it will suddenly take me offline again. I don't get it! 

Adios amigos! I've cancelled my subscription.

Spotify, you had your chances. You guys should check out this little thing called Public Relations - you’re earning quite a lot of badwill in the Android crowd right now. But since you're not reading this forum, I suppose this tip will go unnoticed, as well as everything else in here.

Your service is a joke, and I will gladly pay someone else for music until you fix the Android app. I won't hold my breath though… nothing happend so far.

I've had the same problem, sometimes the tracks stay there when they've been deleted and then the spotify app force closes itself... its really unfortunate that spotify hasnt bothered to fix any of this stuff for months now.

Adding my voice to this thread, your mobile (Premium I might add) service that pay's the bills over at Villa'da'spotify is appaling, give us some feedback at least.

What a Joke.

I'm having the same problem- forced offline... losing my synced data.  I have synced maybe over 4 times and I just give up.

I have this exact problem too!

I was online to sync on my home wi-fi and then I set up offline.........which worked fine, but as soon as I wanted to go online again I couldn't do it. No amount of "offline mode" toggling helped.

I'm afraid that if I uninstall the app then it's going to delete the 15GB cache I've built up.

Very, very strange that not one moderator has left a comment on this thread after a whole month?????

Didn't believe the rumours about Spotify having no customer server, but it seems that this is indeed the case.

Might as well cancel my premium subscription if this isn't to be fixed.

I'm having the same issue.

Although, oddly it works on my HTC Sensation running ICS, but always shows "offline" on my Xoom 2 running Honeycomb

The same problem using Asus SliderSL101 and android 3.2.1.
Quick respons from customer service, but no sugestions that so far have helped me.

I find it strange that Spotify sems to be ignoring the problem.

I am so glad I found this thread. I just finished paying for my Motorola XOOM!  I chose Android over iOS for many reasons, one being my firm belief that the internet should be open and free.   For me, the XOOM was an investment.... I don't normally spend $500 on 'toys', but I wanted a tablet for many purposes.  One of my PRIMARY purposes for owning the XOOM was my ability to utilize my andriod device as an MP3 STREAMING PLAYER (music being in the cloud).  The folks at Motorola are working to make the external SD drive 'active' - so that users can read/write to their SD card without having to 'root' the device. (This is another story for another forum, but what insanity! Who would create a device with an external storage that could not be used to read/write to? Sigh!)  Since the XOOM SD card can't be easily accessed as a potential source for storing application based information (such as MUSIC), we, the un-rooted XOOM market (79% of all XOOM owners are NOT rooted - it voids the warranty), must be extremely careful to optimize the only storage space we have available - this being the device's primary storage.   

Now enters Spotify!  Lovely application, I paid for the premium service and highly expected to use SPOTIFY as a full-time streaming service to all my devices (yep, I pay the $10 bucks per month for this feature!).... This week my device kept 'hanging'... and I actually started receiving errors relating to lack of internal storage space.   OK,  I have only 200 apks loaded on my XOOM (I had 400, but cleaned it up thinking I was apk heavy).  I also set all of my services to minimize size of content stored on my device (email), rss feeds, and other data sent to my device.   It was A LOT of work doing this clean up.

Yesterday, after doing all this work, I still noticed my device was slow, and I was still getting a low-space error.  After more research I saw that my device was downloading 3,333 songs from my playlist for offline use (IN HIGHEST QUALITY)!  So, after checking my settings, I realized that I had not set the offline mode, however, the application was still downloading my playlists to my device on the PRIMARY storage and in HIGH QUALITY.

Call me crazy, but the XOOM is one of Google's premiere tablets.  If the folks at Spotify can't test this on all devices or respond to customer complaints, then they will fail in the Android market.   I have already cancelled my service with Spotify and uninstalled the apk from my XOOM tablet.  

I will look at this forum to see if the developers have corrected this major program glitch, until then XOOM Users running ICS BEWARE.   I have options, and until this issue is fixed I will not be a PREMIUM subscriber.   

Spotify Developers.... are you reading this?  WE NEED YOUR HELP!  Let us know you are working on this problem!   I can see this has been an ongoing issue.  It would be wonderful to see a response from the Spotify moderators of development team.   

Thanks and God bless!   

@pyro

I have same phone same ics same problem! I'm cancelling when I get home. I'll see what napsters like these days or even try deezer sew if they are any good. Start my playlists again. 😞

Hello.

I've been following this thread for a while.

The upshot was, if you have a tablet with Honeycomb then any download attempts will put your tablet permanently offlline for Spotify.

I have a non-US (UK) Xoom, and recently got frustrated by the lack of updates into converting mine to a Google Experience Device using this process : http://www.simonjstuart.com/2011/07/23/gedify-your-non-us-wifi-xoom-for-n00bs/

It works fine with offline playlists now.

Hope this is helpful. Not sure whether the fix is GED/SD card related (perhaps), the latest app (nope, tried when released), or something they have changed serverside (perhaps).

Anyway, good luck.

have s samsung stellar have 2800 song playlist, re sync's offline continuously - they said try 500 song playlist. ha. deleted everything re installed re synced same issue - removed all devices

it's broken SPOTIFY !!

I am having simialr problems! Ive just got spotify and cant get ANY playlists to synce offline! Im pulling out my hair! Im paying for this service so I can use it offline and have playlist to listen to but nothing is working! Frustrated! Any advice? I have deleted and reinstalled the app also.

@FionaGlassxo wrote:

I am having simialr problems! Ive just got spotify and cant get ANY playlists to synce offline! Im pulling out my hair! Im paying for this service so I can use it offline and have playlist to listen to but nothing is working! Frustrated! Any advice? I have deleted and reinstalled the app also.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

If you're still having difficulty with getting offline playlists please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Lastly, if aftr all the above it's still not working I would try formatting your SD card, it may be a corrupt sector causing all this trouble.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Hey!

Unfortuantly i am just new to this site and didnt realise this was for androids section! Ek! I have an iphone! Thanks for the help though! I will continue searching!

@FionaGlassxo wrote:

Hey!

Unfortuantly i am just new to this site and didnt realise this was for androids section! Ek! I have an iphone! Thanks for the help though! I will continue searching!

No worries, you should still check the link I gave for how to sync offline playlists as there's a tab for iPhone there to help guide you. All other detail I gave about same WiFi Network etc still stands.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
Spotify Android Version History

Yes, I've had my downloads removed because of having more than three offline devices and I only have two offline devices. I figured that maybe Spotify has somehow stored every device that I set to offline historically and I need to remove them through the Account>Offline Devices thing. However, they are all called "Android phone," I guess, because they are all Android devices. So, I'm not even sure what to remove without accidentally de-syncing my offline devices.

No meu caso ele simplesmente para de tocar a música do nada e fecha o aplicativo sozinho, o que será?

Suggested posts