Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Operating System

Android One

My Question or Issue

This new update has removed the ability to only view saved songs in your library and forces you to save the entire album, THIS IS BS! I pay for premium I should be able to have full control over my library and what songs are visible in saved albums which spotify did the nicest thing and his more than half of them and then proceeded to download a bunch of songs I never wanted to be downloaded onto my device clogging it up so now it falls on the grounds of malicious intent this update because it started eating up a ton of my storage on both my PC and phone

20190619_185734.jpg
2 Replies

Same, I thought it was very useful to be able to remove individual songs. For example, when albums were released together with an EP and I only wanted to save the album, I could just remove the EP songs from my library. Now there seems to be no way to have just the album in my library.

I think I kind of understand the reasoning here. But I'm not saying that I'm a proponent of the way it currently works. When you save or like an album, it's like you're buying the whole album on CD or vinyl—you get what you get. However, unlike buying an album, all of the songs are not added to your saved songs (now called "Liked Songs." This may be odd from the album standpoint. But sometimes I like a concept album for what it is and would want to play it from start to finish, but NOT listen to the songs mixed in with others from my liked songs. So the separation is helpful in that regard. Also, for one hit wonders or from artists that I only like a few songs off of an album, I might not want the album in my album list.

That said, I think Spotify could have done a better job and gave us the flexibility. Saving an album? Give us the ability to choose if we want all or just some of the songs. Also, I don't think that there's any indication of which songs from a saved album is saved to our "liked songs" or not. I think this would be helpful too.

Suggested posts