Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Operating System

Samsung Experience 9.0 with Android Oreo

Version: G935W8VLU3CRE3/G935W8OYA3CRE3/G935W8VLU3CRE3

My Question or Issue

I have been getting this issue for a couple of weeks. Every Spotify update doesn't seem to fix the problem.

When I play songs with the new full screen album art on my phone, the app becomes completely unresponsive with a black screen and the music still playing. I even cannot change song with the playback bar in the notifications area or with my headphones. The app is completely frozen. Is happens whether the song is played offline or online.

Before the bug started, I could play songs with the full screen album art without a problem.

To avoid the problem, I normally have to force stop the app and restart it while trying to avoid the last song played.

It gets pretty tedious with playlists with multiple songs with full screen album art.

I have tried using another account and I have followed the steps to make a clean install of the app, but the bug still persists. My device is also equipped with the latest OS update installed.

Thanks!

38032590_10155879442268121_2059299529802383360_n.jpg
38085467_10155879442293121_3313767921146134528_n.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Found the solution while chatting with online support! Shoutout to Arjay B.!

The files on my phone were interfering with updated files. All I had to do was uninstall the app and restart my phone. Removed the offline devices sync here https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ from my phone. And reinstalled the app after that.

That fixed the problem instantly.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Found the solution while chatting with online support! Shoutout to Arjay B.!

The files on my phone were interfering with updated files. All I had to do was uninstall the app and restart my phone. Removed the offline devices sync here https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/ from my phone. And reinstalled the app after that.

That fixed the problem instantly.

Suggested posts