Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Freezes Spotify Android since 4 days

Freezes Spotify Android since 4 days

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Oppo Reno4 5G

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, my Spotify freezes every time I connect, after 3 seconds. I can't listen to any music or go to the settings of the program. Also, when I sometimes manage to listen to music, once the application is removed the music still plays. Or, I only have a black screen when I open the application. I have premium, if this continues I will stop my subscription because it's not possible to have a paid service that doesn't work. My phone is an Oppo reno 4 5G.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Reset my phone. Signed in and out of my account. Cleared cache/ devices from my spotify account and still nothing. 

Please help!! Its super frustrating.

19 Replies

Hey there @Liline1,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂

We understand you already tried reinstalling the app. However, we'd like to suggest performing a clean reinstall in case you haven't. This is often an overlooked step, but it can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you send over a video or a screen recording where we can take a better look at this behavior? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I did what you asked, clean reinstall, but the application still freezes. I made a video of what I see, can you help me please?

Hi, I am also experiencing the same issue. I have an oppo Reno 4 too.

same phone, same issue for me. also reinstalled and cleared the cache but that only worked for a few hours

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts.

We'd recommend checking that the Spotify App is granted all permissions from the phone's settings. Make sure that Battery saver/ enhancer is not switched on for Spotify. These settings could be hindering the app's performance.

Note that there might be background processes/ services running on the phone, which are killing the Spotify app on start.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Alex,

My problem is still not solved, I have no power saving and my permissions are all enabled (in my phone setting).

What do you mean by processes and background services?

Hey there @Liline1

Thanks for getting back to us.

By background processes and services we meant that there could be cache clearing or optimization processes running in the background on your phone that interfere with the Spotify app performance. 

Could you let us know if the issue started happening after a specific event such as an update either of Spotify or the OS of your phone?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi all.

same things for me!

Same phone and same issue for me.

I've also reinstalled and cleared the cache but that only worked during 3s before the  freeze... Everytime, it works 3s before to become unusable.

I have an oppo Reno 4 pro 5G too.

For my part, this issue is there since one or two week. Before that, everything works very well without issue. 

I use Spotify app everyday so it is really blocking point.

Please let me know how to fix it.

Hi, the problem appeared the day after the 2021 retrospective of my music. Besides, I tested the possibility of comparing my music to a friend and my bug phone too at that time.

Thank you for your help

Quite interesting ! If I remember correctly, it was the same ! I saw the 2021 retrospective of my music on th e main screen, and since this time, my phone bug too !
Each time, I have the hand during 3-4s before the freeze ...Really annoying!

I'm experiencing the exact same problem with the same phone since the retrospective update. 

Having the same exact issue on a OnePlus 8 Pro.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info.

Could you also please share with us the following if you haven't already? We'll look into this further.

• Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • Video recording of the issue
  • Troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far
  • Did this started happening after, for example, an update?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hi, sharing some more info:

• Device: OnePlus 8 Pro, running Android 11 (Oxygen OS 11.0.9.9.IN11BA; Android security update 2021-10-01)
  • Spotify version: 8.6.86.1231
  • Recording: https://streamable.com/8lasjm
    This shows the three types of behaviour I experience:
    1) Immediate crash
    2) It loads my recently played and (not shown on the video) I can control the music playback on my other devices using the bar on the bottom, however it freezes as soon as I interact with anything else.
    3) Recently played is just blank, app is frozen until I force close it.
  • So far I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as downgrading to the oldest version of Spotify I could find - 8.6.78.766 - but neither of these resolved the issue.
  • The last time I know for sure that the app worked was on Dec 08. On Dec 11 is the first time I noticed this freezing issue. As far as I could tell, there were no updates applied to the app in that time.

Hey @bogeymanEST,

Thanks for the providing us with the info 🙂

If possible, could you please log in to your account on a friend/family member's device to see if anything changes? 

Could you also share with us the model+OS version?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Hey the team,

Since this morning, the app is working well without any issue..No freeze 

And I don't know if it is linked but the 2021 retrospective is disappeared from the main screen.

Try it now!

Thanks @Radj411, I can confirm that the app works fine again for me too 🙂

@Ver I will attach my device and OS info in case you need it to investigate what happened.

Screenshot_20211215-131830.jpg
Screenshot_20211215-131839.jpg

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info 🙂

Glad to hear that the app is behaving as expected again and you can enjoy your favorite jams.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts