Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full controls/album art on lock screen Galaxy S7

Solved!

Full controls/album art on lock screen Galaxy S7

Just recently trying out the Android world and coming from iOS. 

When playing music and locking the phone, there's only a little bar for music controls on lock screen. Only options to skip forward or pause. Can the lock screen be like setup like iOS?

Marshmallow 6.0.2 and Nova Launcher

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welcome to Android. Lock screen controls work differently on this is and a developer is limited to the source they can have for a closer notification. However if you tap and pull down the notification to expand it you will see more controls.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It is actually quite simple. You need to install the Good Lock apk, as it does make the system look like stock Android, and the album artwork and music controls will show on the lockscreen.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Welcome to Android. Lock screen controls work differently on this is and a developer is limited to the source they can have for a closer notification. However if you tap and pull down the notification to expand it you will see more controls.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Thank you for the response as that does work. Hopefully in the near future this feature will be available.

While this is certainly an Android issue, and an annoying one, marking it as "solved" is disingenuous at best. I can't believe nobody has implemented a third party solution to this yet. The reduced functionality of player controls on the lockscreen is a major failing, not only for android, but for all the developers who have failed to convince google this is important.

Many spotify users and other android users use their devices heavily for music or podcasts, and it makes no dang sense to make doing so LESS convenient. Push this up the chain, spotify. Demand google let you give your users what they want.

It's not an Android issue, it's specific to Samsung. My last phone ran the pure Android software, and album artwork showed when music was playing. When I changed to Samsung software, it immediately changed.

Its making me use my phone while driving because i cant skip songs via my bluetooth deck. It needs to be fixed so people arent having to do things that are dangerous and illegal.
Marked as solution

It is actually quite simple. You need to install the Good Lock apk, as it does make the system look like stock Android, and the album artwork and music controls will show on the lockscreen.

My ZenFone 3 has the same issue as of today. 😞

Suggested posts