Full screen track info

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

My Question or Issue

My problem isn't really much of a problem, it's more of an inconvenience. When I am in my vehicle and connected to bluetooth and I go to look at the track playing it shows in fullscreen and my only options are: next, previous, pause/play, shuffle, and favorite. I've looked through the settings and can't seem to find any way to disable this. Is this a feature I can disable?

Screenshot_20180725-060507_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @Kyle01, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

This is a new car safety feature so you won't get distracted while driving.

Have a nice day 🙂

@LorenXK I was thinking it was something like that. Thanks for the reply

Is this optional? I really dislike this new interface when I'm in my car. For example, if I'm listening to radio based on a song I like, and I hear another song I like, I used to go to the album and start listening to more of the same album. Or I would go to the artist page and listen to more of the artist. Or I would go to the Queue to see what's next. Can I please disable this "feature"? If this can't be disabled, I will have to switch to another streaming provider that isn't so restrictive.

The logic behind this doesn't make sense to me either. I can still back out of the current track screen and navigate the rest of the app like normal. This new feature does nothing to make it safer! The other problem is if I'm in the passenger seat, I can't do any of those things I mentioned above. This is really a pain and I'd really like a way to disable it. I've been with Spotify for years, but all these feature changes over the years just aggravate me.

I have good news! I contacted Spotify support about this in a live chat session. I told them why I didn't like this feature and that I wanted to be removed from the test group. The NEXT DAY my current track screen was back to normal!! Thank you, Spotify!

@NoizyCr1cket wrote:

I have good news! I contacted Spotify support about this in a live chat session. I told them why I didn't like this feature and that I wanted to be removed from the test group. The NEXT DAY my current track screen was back to normal!! Thank you, Spotify!

I noticed that today. I'm very pleased that Spotify listens to their consumers and also acts on the issue as quickly as they did. This is why we love Spotify!

Suggested posts