Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung s10

Operating System

Android Pie

Got a Galaxy S10 last week, downloaded the Spotify app, and when I open it I get the login screen, but once I log in, the app shuts down.

If I enter the wrong password, it alerts me of such.  But with the proper credentials, it just immediately closes.  Reopening the app brings me back to the same screen.

I am logging in through the e-mail/username function since I do not have a Facebook, so unfortunately I can't even see if the Facebook login would fix it.

I've tried force stop, clear cache, clear data, uninstalling, restarting... nothing has worked thus far.  Also tried doing a log out of all devices through Spotify settings. It's the most updated version of Android and Spotify. 

Anyone else having these issues?  Any ideas?  Really sucks right now.  My account works fine on other phones and on the computer.

-Matt

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Welp, finally got it.

I didn't realize, in addition to saving an android data file on my internal storage, it was on my SD card also.

Went to SD Card / Android / data / com.spotify.music / files / spotify cache / Users / (my username)-user and deleted that folder.  Tried to log in again and everything worked.

No idea why this was such a problem, and unfortunately deleting the app wasn't removing that folder at all.  Hopefully this serves as a guide for anyone else encountering this issue.  At worst, you can see my train of thought in troubleshooting it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Further troubleshooting this.  

My account works fine on other devices.  I also got a friend's Spotify login and used it on my S10, and that actually went through just fine.

I am not sure where the disconnect is now, and why my account specifically would not work on my device... very strange.

I even troubleshooted the Samsung Pass and Google Smart Password settings to make sure they weren't the issue.

Marked as solution

Welp, finally got it.

I didn't realize, in addition to saving an android data file on my internal storage, it was on my SD card also.

Went to SD Card / Android / data / com.spotify.music / files / spotify cache / Users / (my username)-user and deleted that folder.  Tried to log in again and everything worked.

No idea why this was such a problem, and unfortunately deleting the app wasn't removing that folder at all.  Hopefully this serves as a guide for anyone else encountering this issue.  At worst, you can see my train of thought in troubleshooting it.

Suggested posts