Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge not sending song information via Bluetooth to Car headunit

Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge not sending song information via Bluetooth to Car headunit

I have a galaxy s7 edge and in my car, spotify will not send any song information besides the time elapsed to my cars headunit. I had an LG G4 and it sent the info to my car via spotify, and any other music app on my S7 sends all the info to my head unit, so I know it is a spotify bug. Does anyone else with an S7/S7 edge have this issue?

9 Replies

Hey @DrumDealer, welcome to the Spotify Community! 

To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using?

Also, can you send us some pictures if you're getting an error message? 

Keep us posted 🙂

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0, Spotify version 8.4.0.539

I'm not receiving any error messages. The issue is when I connect via Bluetooth to my cars headunit (Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998) it doesnt display my song title, artist name, or any info whatsoever besides the song timer. It worked on my LG G4 with spotify but when I switched to the Galaxy s7 edge, it no longer works.

I'm having the same issue but only on my (ex) Huawei P10 Plus which i switched for a Galaxy S8 but still having the same issue.

It worked on G4 and G5.

Please help me, what can I do?

Btw, when I'm listening to Spotify and switch to google music player, the information are displayed for nearly a second...

Still no solution, wish there was a fix. Seems like its just a
compatibility bug with our phones.

But everything else works...

Only with spotify there are issues..

I know, I'm having the same issues. If I listen through Google Play Music
in my car, it shows everything on the head unit, but only spotify doesn't
work.

Does turning on "Device broadcast status" in spotify's settings make any difference?

I have tried this, and just checked, it is currently on and has been for months. Thanks though

I am having the exact same problem on a Galaxy S7. I have a DDX594 and am running spotify 8.4.4.810. And it will play music but just shows connecting. Has there been any resolution to this problem?

Suggested posts