Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy Watch voice prompts automatically starts Spotify play back

Solved!

Galaxy Watch voice prompts automatically starts Spotify play back

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch (2018)

Operating System

(Tizen 4.0), Spotify WiFi/offline mode

Hi,

I got this really annoying issue on my new amazing Galaxy Watch. When working out with the Samsung Health app, Spotify automatically starts playing the most recent song after voice prompts from Samsung Health. It's like the prompts wrongly works like a trigger for Spotify. The exact same problem happens when using Bixby. I guess Bixby's answers are programmed like a voice prompt.

When listening to music intentionally,  voice prompts pause the music and then resume it. My guess is that the Spotify app somehow think the music is playing when its actually is paused and then resume the music after the voice prompt.

I've tried the same thing with the built in music player and it works like it should, so it looks like the issue isn't a Tizen bug, but rather the Spotify app. I'm using the WiFi/offline mode so I can leave my phone at home. This was one of my main reasons for buying the watch. I see other people have had this problem for several months.

Hoping for a software update fix soon. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Seeing that we haven't received new reports, we'll be moving this Ongoing Issue back to the boards.

Be sure to create a new topic if you find something that needs looking into.

Thanks and have a nice day!

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Same issue, I just want to know WHEN IS THE UPDATE OF THE APP IS COMING Out!!? Please!

I realise this has been open for a while, however I have the same issue and would like to know if it has been resolved.

I use Spotify on my galaxy 46 LTE watch and Samsung health when running. When the 1km update is presented Spotify pauses and doesn't unpause at the conclusion of the update. At 2km, when Health finishes presenting the update it then unpause Spotify. So 1km with no Spotify.

I completed my run without Spotify, then hours later when I received a call on my phone it triggered Spotify to unpause on my watch. I would love a resolution, otherwise I'll download my own tunes to the watch when I run. Cheers.

FINALLY got my Galaxy Watch to connect with Spotify and am having the same issue. Everytime I ask Bixby to do something, Spotify turns on instead. This issue needs a resolution.

1st day of having my new Samsung Watch bought solely for health apps & Spotify whilst running.  Found that every time bixby is activated it boots spotify - soo annoying.  Not good enough for an expensive and top end smartwatch.  Please fix.

Same here. Please fix! Spotify, what's going on? Where is the user centricity gone? Please listen to the users!

I wish I'd seen this before buying. Not only does Spotify autoplay after using Bixby, but also after hanging up calls. My only option has been to delete spotify, which is one reason I bought it. Looking at how long this has been happening, this lack of a patch seems lazy.

My temporary solution used to be to change to "remote mode" after my run/workout. But somehow that stopped working some time ago... My watch fails when trying to connect as a remote to my phone or other Spotify devices. Do you also have this problem?

My last resort solution right now, that isn't really a solution, is to turn off media volume when using the built in speakers. So, after unpairing my bt earbuds the media volume automaticlly turns off. If Spotify suddenly starts playing it will atleast be silent. But then you need to turn up the volume everytime you want to use the speakers. Not really a solution but that's the best I've got.

Just got the galaxy watch and have the same issue. Nice to see spotify isn't doing anything about it.

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all the reports regarding Spotify automatically playing the most recent song after voice prompts from the Samsung Health app.

If you haven't already, we'd first recommend trying the steps below:

1. Reinstall app on your phone
  2. Reinstall app on the watch
  3. Re-pair the watch with Bluetooth

You can also make sure that all your devices are up-to-date with any software updates.

If the issue persists after that, we'd appreciate the following details so our tech teams can take a closer look:

• Your device and its OS version
  • The version of the Spotify app on your phone
  • The version of the Spotify app on your watch
  • Any screenshots or screensrecordings of what happens would be useful

We'd also suggest adding your +VOTE to make sure you stay updated. 

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

I figured it out!!   On your galaxy watch .  Go to settings. Apps.  Permissions.  And disable the microphone permission for Spotify  You're welcome!   Cut that check Spotify ๐Ÿ˜˜ lol  ps. Don't be afraid to explore the watch!  It can do all types of fancy things  . 

Just tried it and it didnโ€™t work! You solution made sense but it didnโ€™t work sadly... when activating bixby for weather it played Spotify after....

**bleep** that's a bummer.  Mine is working smooth now .  Try tinkering with different permissions.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with a rougue app that has mic permissions running wild.  Lmk how it goes ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ @ELMAGO1983 

I have the same issue. Samsung s9 with android pie. Galaxy smart watch with latest update

Having the same issue.

Only go twatch yesterdya so all installed apps are up to date.

it is the Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm.

Whenever i have finished talking to Bixby it automaticall yplays the next song in my spotify playlist.

Hello again!

I glad I'm not the only one having this issue. 

But this easter I got an Spotify update for the watch. Looks like the problem is finally solved. I've been trying voice promts from Samsung Health, talking to Bixby and taking calls. Everything's been working like it should since the update. I have all permissions allowed, but I don't know if that makes any difference now. Really wanna thank the developers if they saw this thread!

The app was still a bit buggy after the update, not wanting to play, so I reinstralled the app and had to download my songs again. But now it works much better! Also noticed that the log in process is easier now. I know some people had some problems with that before. 

Make sure you update to version 2.2.2. The "Stream on wifi/4G" mode has now been changed to "Standalone". My issues with "Remote" mode has also been resolved now!

Happy listening folk.

Hey there @Babbtox and @Jamanb2,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear all's working as it should once again! 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with ๐Ÿ™‚

On another note, @georgefprice and @steelone, could you let us know if the issue still persists for you after updating? Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 
Marked as solution

Hey all,

Seeing that we haven't received new reports, we'll be moving this Ongoing Issue back to the boards.

Be sure to create a new topic if you find something that needs looking into.

Thanks and have a nice day!

Suggested posts