Galaxy Watch voice prompts automatically starts Spotify play back

Solved!

Re: Galaxy Watch voice prompts automatically starts Spotify play back

Jamanb2
Casual Listener

I figured it out!!   On your galaxy watch .  Go to settings. Apps.  Permissions.  And disable the microphone permission for Spotify  You're welcome!   Cut that check Spotify 😘 lol  ps. Don't be afraid to explore the watch!  It can do all types of fancy things  . 

ELMAGO1983
Casual Listener
Just tried it and it didn’t work! You solution made sense but it didn’t work sadly... when activating bixby for weather it played Spotify after....

Jamanb2
Casual Listener

**bleep** that's a bummer.  Mine is working smooth now .  Try tinkering with different permissions.  I'm pretty sure it has to do with a rougue app that has mic permissions running wild.  Lmk how it goes 🙏🏽 @ELMAGO1983 

georgefprice
Casual Listener

I have the same issue. Samsung s9 with android pie. Galaxy smart watch with latest update

steelone

Having the same issue.

Only go twatch yesterdya so all installed apps are up to date.

it is the Samsung Galaxy watch 46mm.

Whenever i have finished talking to Bixby it automaticall yplays the next song in my spotify playlist.

Highlighted

Babbtox
Casual Listener

Hello again!

I glad I'm not the only one having this issue. 

But this easter I got an Spotify update for the watch. Looks like the problem is finally solved. I've been trying voice promts from Samsung Health, talking to Bixby and taking calls. Everything's been working like it should since the update. I have all permissions allowed, but I don't know if that makes any difference now. Really wanna thank the developers if they saw this thread!

The app was still a bit buggy after the update, not wanting to play, so I reinstralled the app and had to download my songs again. But now it works much better! Also noticed that the log in process is easier now. I know some people had some problems with that before. 

Make sure you update to version 2.2.2. The "Stream on wifi/4G" mode has now been changed to "Standalone". My issues with "Remote" mode has also been resolved now!

Happy listening folk.

Hey there @Babbtox and @Jamanb2,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear all's working as it should once again! 

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with :)

On another note, @georgefprice and @steelone, could you let us know if the issue still persists for you after updating? Thanks!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain
Solution!

Hey all,

Seeing that we haven't received new reports, we'll be moving this Ongoing Issue back to the boards.

Be sure to create a new topic if you find something that needs looking into.

Thanks and have a nice day!

GuidoModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS