Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy s2 lock screen controls

Solved!

Galaxy s2 lock screen controls

I've been using the beta and recently updated to the new official app but am still unable to get the lockscreen controls on my samsung s2. Has anyone managed to get this working? I've tried deleting selecting "clear data" on the appplication setting but this hasn't helped.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have the standard software updated via Samsung.

I've found that the lockscreen only shows the spotify controls when you have security set (e.g. pattern or pin). If you use the standard lockscreen, it doesn't appear. 

very annoying!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Has your phone been updated to android 4? It'll probably only be supported on that
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

yes, it's on android 4/ ICS. has anyone elese managed to get it working on the s2?

i use widgetlocker 3rd party,  that is really amazing and use the spotify widget on that.

The lockscreen controls work perfectly on my Galaxy S2. They always worked with the beta and they do now. I am running CM9 (latest nightly).

Marked as solution

I have the standard software updated via Samsung.

I've found that the lockscreen only shows the spotify controls when you have security set (e.g. pattern or pin). If you use the standard lockscreen, it doesn't appear. 

very annoying!

Ok, I need to jump into this.  I have had the lockscreen controls for Spotify working for the last 6 months.  Not sure why it started working 6 months ago on a new Galaxy when previously it didn't on the old one.  Same ICS ROM.  

Then this week my new galaxy lockscreen widget stopped showing/working in lock mode.  No updates have been done to my phone - no settings changes that I know of either.  Since I never used the lockscreen combo it's not the cause.  This is just freaky!

There has to be some sort of Spotify code that doesn't play well with Android.  Plain and simple.

I don't think this will be an easy fix - but I'd love someone to prove me wrong!!

Thanks allot Jack 123 I changed to pattern and it worked.

Suggested posts