Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Galaxy s4 resent update...

Solved!

Galaxy s4 resent update...

So I updated my phone and my sspotify app don't play my full song it plays about a second and the siynd goes away but It looks like its still playing it... I tryied to uninstall the app but still not working. .. is there a solution to this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Apparently with the 4.3 update Equalizers stopped working on the S4. When using Spotify with a equalizer exactly what you describe happens ( I have the same problem). Disable the equalizer you are using and you can probably hear the music now.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Glad I could be of help.

And yes the equalizer issue is really frustrating...

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Did this start after upgrading to android 4.3?

Yes...

Could you please follow the steps in this post please. If you still have problems, please post the information requested in the template, thanks.

Hi! I have the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S 4. I posted this on a another topic: 

"Help needed! I updated my Samsung Galaxy 4 to 4.3 version couple of days ago and after the update, Spotify (Premium) stopped working. I can search the music so the connecion is'nt the issue but when I press play to ANY song it plays for about half a second and stops. Then the player indicates that the song is playing mut no music comes at all. I have deleted the whole app couple of times and booted my phone and nothing helps. It's a real pain in the ass because i listen to Spotify every day. so any help would be nice!:)"

So there's the problem and here are the rest, I hope I can find a solution here!

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

I have deleted the Spotify app and restarted my phone couple of times and wiped all the Spotify folders from my phone.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes.

Your device

Galaxy S 4

Device’s Operating System

Andoid 4.3

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

6.56 Gt

Space left on your External SD card (if applicable)

1.43 Gt

Is your device rooted?

No.

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

No.

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

No.

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No.

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes.

My mobile Spotify version

0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4

My mobile provider and country

Sonera, FInland

My username

Tuomashki

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

Yes. But actually I can't log in with that account. It says that there is an invalid character in my username "@", which is on my mail address.

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

I really hope that you guys could me help me with this, it's been over a week now with the problem and it really is starting to piss me off, because I listen to music every day with my phone and I have to cancel my Spotify subscription if this can't be solved.

Have you gotten a response?  I have the same issue and tried these recommended steps (that were listed on a link above) and it didn't work.

B. Troubleshooting Please follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the issue on your own 

1. On your device open (System) Settings and start Application Manager
  2. Look for Spotify and tap it
  3. Press "Clear data"
  4. If it's not greyed out, also press "Clear cache"
  5. Uninstall the Spotify app
  6. IMPORTANT: Completely turn off your device, then turn it back on again
  7. If you can remove the battery, do so now, then put it back in, then turn your device back on
  8. Using a file explorer app on your device, or your computer with your device connected over USB: Look for a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui It's usually located in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time) Delete the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder(s)
  9. Re-install Spotify DO NOT install an old version. Please use the latest version from the Play Store

I am hearing reports that Samsung are pulling android 4.3 updates due to a number of technical issues.

Wondering is this related? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Marked as solution

Apparently with the 4.3 update Equalizers stopped working on the S4. When using Spotify with a equalizer exactly what you describe happens ( I have the same problem). Disable the equalizer you are using and you can probably hear the music now.

That was it! Thanks for the help!

Yes, that helped! Thank you so Much! 🙂 I hope that they can fix the problem with the equalizers though, the sound is a little bit stuffy for my taste without any eq!
Marked as solution

Glad I could be of help.

And yes the equalizer issue is really frustrating...

Suggested posts