Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Gear S3 Frontier will not connect to phone app suddenly

Solved!

Gear S3 Frontier will not connect to phone app suddenly

Before the firmware update for my watch, the Spofity Gear app was finicky. Now it will not work at all. All it ever will say in remote mode is "Can not connect to Spotify on your phone. Please open the app there to continue." This is interesting because, even if the app isn't open, running the watch app in remote mode (and it complaining of not connecting!) will launch Spotify on my phone. 

I've tried all the usual stuff. Uninstalled the Spotify app on the watch and reinstalled. Re-paired the watch. Uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on the phone. No dice. Ideas? 

Premium user in USA using a Gear S3 Frontier watch and a Galaxy Note 8 phone both with whatever the latest firmware is. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I can't link to anything in these forums apparently. Click on my profile and go down to recent posts - click on "Re: Gear S3 remote issues" and read the first reply to this post. For another workaround, click on "Re: Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection" and look for the reply with the pictures.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Having the same issue on galaxy watch

Not working with gear s3 frontier and Huawei either. 

Also information about song playing is not working sometimes. This is so shitty. 

Anyone?

Been having the same problem after the update and really need a solution

I have the same problem - using Galaxy S9 + Gear S3. Solution is to downgrade Spotify phone app for now.

Thanks! Any chance you have a link for that? And a version number?

Marked as solution

I can't link to anything in these forums apparently. Click on my profile and go down to recent posts - click on "Re: Gear S3 remote issues" and read the first reply to this post. For another workaround, click on "Re: Samsung gear S3 - Remote conection" and look for the reply with the pictures.

there is a update to this problem i have found. in my profile i have the original post so instead of typing it all, look into my profile and click my first post. (dont worry all ive posted are answers to this problem)

This is a known issue with these watches, you can vote for the open case here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Galaxy-watch-cannot-connect-to-spotify-on-your-phone...

Suggested posts