Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Genre radio stations not working in mobile app

Genre radio stations not working in mobile app

Im a premium user. Everything works just fine on the desktop version ( I use the linux client)  But on the android client I cannot listen to any of the pre defined genre radio stations.  None of them work.  When I click on any of them I get this message.

Sorry this radio station cannot be started.  Please try a new station.

Dosent matter if im on wifi, 4g, 3g.  Ive cleared data in app, uninstalled it, reinstalled it, etc and nothing has fixed it.  Is there something wrong with my account?  Is this happening to anyone else? 

5 Replies

Same thing is happening on my HTC One X. 

When selecting to listen to a radio genre it says that it could not be started. I have tried rebooting, loging out and in, and fully uninstalling and reinstalling the app. None of which has corrected the problem.

Ive seen other users report this. I dont belive its isolated.

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Posting the same response to this problemfor months doesn't help much. 

And I don't chase support.  If they can't nvt be responsive to this issue,  there are other streaming services to choose from.  I just upgraded to Premium and I'm not impressed. 

@jaybot wrote:

Follow this post for updates to this prob.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Genre-Radio-Stations-won-t-start-Spotify-on-Andriod/td...

Thanks. but nothing new there. And the request I made to Tech Support 4 days ago has gone unanswered by Spotify except for the bot response that says they received it. Hardly a way to impress a new subscriber. Between this and a poorly implemented UI for Spotify on Sonos (and I don't know whose fault that is), it's getting less likely that Spotify will be my long term choice for streaming.

I started with MOG and it was great for the most part. Little to complain about. Then Beats bought it an threw away all the best features to create their own awfulness. After Beats I have done Google Play, Deezer, Rdio, and now Spotify. Given the popularity of Spotify I expected it to be much better at function and support.

The irony of my Spotify Premium experience is that the genre radio stuff all works fine on Free Spotify. Pay more get less.

Suggested posts