Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Get rid of offline mode!!!!!

Get rid of offline mode!!!!!

I have never understood why it is up to the user to select whether or not you are on or offline. The app should make the determination automatically. For example, I have an album downloaded to my device, I am in offline mode, when I select that album from the home page from let's say previous played.....the app says " your offline!" Ok, so....why does that matter since I have the album downloaded to my device! Why doesn't the app check my library on my device first to see if I have it!!!???

4 Replies

Hey @cadsys,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Any song that isn't available for offline listening while in Offline Mode should appear grayed out in every context menu where it appears.

The purpose of the notification which says that Spotify is offline is to notify the user that Spotify is not connected to the Internet, and thus has limited functionality.

If any of the above isn't working as expected, make sure to create a new thread in the relevant help board here and we'll help you troubleshoot there.

Note that you can select Offline Mode from within the app to ensure that Spotify doesn't use up any data. Some users prefer to have this functionality so that it only affects Spotify and not their other mobile apps.

We hope this clears things up! If you would like to clarify your idea, feel free to do so by leaving a comment below.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Wow! Exactly the response I expected......someone explaining to me what offline mode is! I know what it is and how it works. Apparently you didn't read my post at all! If I already have the album downloaded to my device why does it tell me I am offline when I select that album from the home page!?!?!? I have the music on my device already, I don't need the app to tell me I am offline, I want to listen to the album I already have on my device! It's stupid! The app should know that you already have it and take you to the album, not throw up a message that you are offline! So.....I have to go back to my library and browse for it the manually and the play it. Doesn't makes sense at all!

Hey @cadsys,

Thanks for getting back to us and clarifying what you meant, and apologies for the misunderstanding.

It sounds like there might be an issue which might need to be looked into further. With this in mind, we've moved this thread to the relevant help board to confirm whether or not what you seem to be experiencing is an issue.

Would you mind sending us a screen recording showing us what's happening exactly? If that's not possible, it would be great if you could list the exact steps that you're taking so that we can try to reproduce this on our end.

Thanks - keep us posted!

Completely agree.  Now also get rid of these offline banners that hide home screen.  This is ridiculous feature.  My car is often offline as I drive but I've downloaded music to the system.  Spotify has made usage more dangerous to find select songs and playlists

Suggested posts