Country

UK

Device

Google Pixel 3a XL

Operating System

Android v9.0 (Pie)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

The Good Morning / Good Afternoon recommendations at the top of the home screen stopped updating over a week ago now. This is despite me having listened to loads of albums during that time. I'm not massively interested in this feature but if we're forced to have it, it may as well work properly. Any ideas for a fix? 

PS. Already tried the clean reinstall. 

Thanks,

Andrew

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you experience the same issue on different devices, we'd suggest to click here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further and help you update the recommendations.

We'll be right here if you have more questions. 

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Hey there @user-removed,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

Can you check if the same thing happens on another device? That way we can see if it is device-related issue.

Tip: We'd suggest you to check these steps to make sure all cache is cleared.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena,

Thanks for your reply. I've cleared the cache again as per those instructions. I've also logged into my Desktop App and my 'recently played' items mirror those in the Good Morning / Good Afternoon recommendations - which, as noted, are now significantly out of date. So, it seems there's an issue with my account? 

Thanks,

Andrew

Marked as solution

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you experience the same issue on different devices, we'd suggest to click here and contact our support team. The folks there can look into this further and help you update the recommendations.

We'll be right here if you have more questions. 

PetyaModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I can confirm that this is broken, and support just confirmed it as well.  They had no tlimeline for fixing this issue.

It is still broken, after 3 weeks I keep getting the same artist that I don't like, just because I listened to a few songs one night, I contacted support and I was told I have to create a new account to fix this issue, imagine that. Such a bad UI/UX.

I'm having the same issue and I think it's absolute bullsh*t that the only solution they've provided thus far is to make a new account. 

Lol I felt the need to update this, but it was determined to be an account issue for me. Ended up making a new account and the transfer process wasn't too bad. Got to save most of what's important to me.

This Good Morning section is not an accurate representation of what I listen to or what time I have listened to that content in the past. Please add a feature to remove things when they aren't relevant.  I've tried removing the songs/shows from recently played, but they aren't even there.  How is this possible?

Right now, the feature is CLUTTER

Same problem for me. This section is just useless. And it is followed by an useless Podcasts section too. Should have an option to customize the home screen!

Create a new account to solve this basic issue, really?? 

This issue is not solved!!!! I have tried everything in this thread & nothing has helped me. I do not want to make a new account just to fix this annoying feature. Spotify, please do better for your users.

It is not going to be solved. It is not a show-stopping bug, and Agile practices in the software industry mean that issues like this one will never be addressed. At some point in the far future, Spotify will completely redesign their UI/apps and only then will something  like this be addressed.
Also, keep in mind that you, as the user, are not the company's priority. They make more from pushing things on you than from your subscription fee, if any, so your preferences are discarded in the bean counting. Welcome to the world of modern business.

I have this same problem. The same stupid artists are on the Good Morning screen, literally aggravating **bleep** I don't like or haven't listened for more than one or two songs now become the literal front-and-center of my spotify account. And reading these posts, they expect me to completely kill my account and start a new one to fix it? What the heck. This issue has existed for almost two years now, its insane. Just let us change the *^*&#ing home screen.

I did make a new account and now both have the same problem.

So, this bug is still not fixed in 2022

> create a new account to fix this issue

Such a ridiculous “solution” for a subscription-based service

@ctilist it will not be a problem soon, Spotify pushed to me on my second account (used to replace my old account that had this bug) a new UI that is the worse thing I have seen on a music streaming service. The good afternoon section with recent played music is not there anymore !

Screenshot_20221013_080946.jpg

I'm confused what is the solution?

The solution : create another Spotify account !! (Thats what I did). I know, it's really annoying and bad.

Bruh i have premium i cant make new account bruh

Spotify needs to undo all the updates from the last 2.5 years and put it back the way it was before they messed up their Algorithms that worked.

Suggested posts