Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chosen song not playing in Google Alarm

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that the alarm clock is not playing the selected song as an alarm. The Google alarm has no sound.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Mihail

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for your reports and the detailed troubleshooting.

We've shared this with the relevant team and are happy to let you know that a fix will rolled out with the next Spotify version, due to release next week.

We'll keep you posted here, as the date approaches and will continue to monitor this thread for your feedback.

Take care!

dinomight

Hey everyone, I can now let you know that this has been confirmed to be a bug and is expected to be fixed in the next update. Thanks again for your posts about this issue!

jskinvest

That is great news. Thank you, but if you are not a Spotify employee how do you know this to be true?

jskinvest
That is great news. Thank you, but if you are not a Spotify employee how do you know this to be true?
leoheise

same issue, I had to download a new alarm app to wake up :facepalm :

my 2 brothers and mother had the same issue too...

Cythis

Pixel 3a 

Had this same issue, caused me to be very late to work twice this week thinking I'd just slept through my alarms. Pretty bad when a basic feature as an alarm stops working! Tested it, vibrates twice and then says alarm missed. Please fix this quick !!

juliamoron

On new version 8.6.58.994 the issue continue.

MattyP215

Spotify stopped working with my Google alarm as well. I have a Pixel 3a running Android 11. My Spotify version is 8.6.58.994 Good thing I had a back up alarm or would have been late to work haha. 

dinomight

Hey @jskinvest, in the Spotify Star Program, we're able to pass along bug reports and that type of thing to community mods who do work for Spotify and are able to check with others within the company. Rest assured, I've confirmed this information before I posted about the expected fix. Be sure to check out this page if you'd like to know more about the program.

jskinvest

Thank you for that information. Do you know when the fix will be arriving?